My estate sale find today.

f4radar

@BigBoyToys makes reproduction Cat Clutch Cover brackets. You might could ask him if he has any available.
I found this in the bottom of a box that the motors came in. It looks like it could be a chain guard bracket but I’ve tried it a few ways and it’s close. Maybe it’s bent. Does it look familiar at all.

Attachments

mustangfrank

I found this in the bottom of a box that the motors came in. It looks like it could be a chain guard bracket but I’ve tried it a few ways and it’s close. Maybe it’s bent. Does it look familiar at all.
I'm no Cat expert but it looks like one. There was a Wanted thread for those or a Project Build thread within the last year that had pictures and details on the brackets.

FunWithStuff

That's one of them. There are two brackets for the guard: one with two holes for the left side of the guard and one with one hole for the right side of the guard (which is what you found). You have to turn and maybe bend the bracket some to make it work for the guard, it all depends on how you have the guard positioned on the bike. Here's what the original Cat chain guard brackets look like. 131350-adf799f322ba5fe870d14084a50821d4.jpg
You can easily get another one remade if you can't find the left side two-hole one because the user I mentioned above has been repopping them.

f4radar

That's one of them. There are two brackets for the guard: one with two holes for the left side of the guard and one with one hole for the right side of the guard (which is what you found). You have to turn and maybe bend the bracket some to make it work for the guard, it all depends on how you have the guard positioned on the bike. Here's what the original Cat chain guard brackets look like. View attachment 281314
You can easily get another one remade if you can't find the left side two-hole one because the user I mentioned above has been repopping them.
Thanks now that I know it's suppose to work and where I'm sure ill figure it out and i can look for that other one tomorrow.

FunWithStuff

Thanks now that I know it's suppose to work and where I'm sure ill figure it out and i can look for that other one tomorrow.
You're very welcome! Good luck tommorrow. Looking forward to seeing if you find any of the other missing parts and could possibly figure out some history on the bike as well.

FunWithStuff

Looks great! Good luck locating any of the missing parts. Especially the sissy bar. There was a user who was re-popping them a few years ago but he has been banned from the site. I don't know if any of his re-pops would still be in the hands of other users or not.

f4radar

Looks great! Good luck locating any of the missing parts. Especially the sissy bar. There was a user who was re-popping them a few years ago but he has been banned from the site. I don't know if any of his re-pops would still be in the hands of other users or not.
My goal is not to spend more on those parts than i did for the bike and I'm already in at around 200