My first db30 build

Well this is my first DB30 212 build it's getting done nice n slow I don't want to cut any corners here just a preview still missing stuff to put on as I work a lot of hours I try n squeeze some in when I can also just picked up a colemon ct200 n another db30 I think I might have a problem where is the MBA meeting held.by the way her name is RUDE GYAL Puzzle_1499640982941.jpg

Last edited:
thanks guys im like 5 6 my knees dont touch at all the first is the one i just bought for 60 but since i didnt have a before pic i used that one it is mint might keep it for my 6 year old lol

Daniel Coop

Cool start man. Did you paint the gas tank and recoil housing and if so, did you just tape around the factory stickers or remove them and re-apply them somehow? Looks like it came that way...?

I hope you drill and re-slot the plate rather than use an adaptor plate, they take up space and only use the portion of the original engine plate making for a weak mount. Here is one I did for a friend, the engine sits flat and has more clearance. Well worth the hour or so of work it takes to do it right.

Daniel Coop

Dang... Looks like there's barely any metal left between those 2 right front slots. Is it still holding together today or just one giant slot? I disagree and like the motor plates. Get side to side adjustment as well as front to back and usually only need the lower profile gas cap for clearance. Not to mention, some exhaust headers (like Hotrodminibikes under seat exhaust) made for the DB were made with that plate in mind and will hit the rear fender bar without it. My RLV mini bike candy cane header will also benefit from the plate moving my hot exhaust up away from my caliper on my new DB... ("Oops, I did it again" thread in Baja section). Not to mention, drilling 4 small holes, and retaining as much Chinese steel as possible. The stock motor also had a "plate" under it, reinforcing the thin motor mounting plate, that you're now attaching twice the motor to.

Last edited:
I like to drill no slots,keep eng stationary and use good chain and a roller tensioner..just shorten chain if needed after first stretch..just me..whatever works for you guys..

Last edited:
Never had any problems but an adaptor plate allows for too much flex on an already sketchy plate it's easier for sure but not the best option especially for bigger HP engines. I've done a dozen or more and on the newer DB clearance is an issue if you look and I'm thinking Motovox bikes have clearance issues too. Always going to be my preferred method and nobody can convince me an adaptor plate is anything but convenient and quick.
Dang... Looks like there's barely any metal left between those 2 right front slots. Is it still holding together today or just one giant slot? I disagree and like the motor plates. Get side to side adjustment as well as front to back and usually only need the lower profile gas cap for clearance. Not to mention, some exhaust headers (like Hotrodminibikes under seat exhaust) made for the DB were made with that plate in mind and will hit the rear fender bar without it. My RLV mini bike candy cane header will also benefit from the plate moving my hot exhaust up away from my caliper on my new DB... ("Oops, I did it again" thread in Baja section). Not to mention, drilling 4 small holes, and retaining as much Chinese steel as possible. The stock motor also had a "plate" under it, reinforcing the thin motor mounting plate, that you're now attaching twice the motor to.

Daniel Coop

X2 on that one it's kinda a side to side easy way out and does flex the plate.[/haveQUOTE]

Do you see any evidence of flexing? After a year... It reinforces the plate! Easy and cheapskate way out is putting massive holes in your motor plate. Opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got one and you are it on this forum... (The asshole)

Davis

X2 on that one it's kinda a side to side easy way out and does flex the plate.[/haveQUOTE]

Do you see any evidence of flexing? After a year... It reinforces the plate! Easy and cheapskate way out is putting massive holes in your motor plate. Opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got one and you are it on this forum... (The asshole)
Easy little fella. And no I don't put those on the type of bikes I build as mine aren't really pavement pounders.

Daniel Coop

Easy little fella. And no I don't put those on the type of bikes I build as mine aren't really pavement pounders.
WTH does that even mean? You don't build DB's period because you call them Chinese garbage, but you want to interject on something ​I said... They don't make the adapter plates for your slow ass tote goat, or any other pile you have, so your opinion is useless.