My first engine build.

The parts arrived and I am really excited! The first thing I did was address the exhaust by installing a header and silencer. Now I’m working with the carburetor. After that a flywheel. Hopefully the fun will never end!
Let’s see the silencer. I’ve been looking for a low profile one, some can look a bit bulky

SAS289

Hi doug. Just an FYI. The Greyhound side cover and rocker cover gaskets are unique to that engine. Both are available at Studzracing.com. This is a routine order for those guys where others don't have these in stock. I had them at my doorstep in 2 days.

I think if you hear how LOUD an RLV Muffler - "silencer" is, you will wonder how they can use the term muffler/silencer.
All they do is take a bit of the "edge" off the sound. They really don't quiet down the exhaust that much. If you want quiet, stick with the stock exhaust. If you don't care about noise, run an open header. I don't feel that there's much of a middle ground with minibike exhaust. It's either fairly quiet or pretty loud.

One of my bikes is putting out over 120db (measured about 3' out at a 45° angle).