My first mini bike project Bonanza

I’ve never owned a mini bike before this one, I’ve owned many motorcycles, well maybe I do own a mini bike if a Honda Trail 70 is considered one, a Honda 70 was my first motorcycle I got when I was around 10. I searched and watched CL for a long time, missed a few as they don’t come up around here often. I was fortunate enough to see this one at a family get together leaning against a fence and inquired about it and got it. Now the fun begins. I actually have many questions and have reached out to several different members here, one suggested I start a build thread so that’s what I’m doing :)

From the day I brought it home, I sometimes have problems posting pictures so please be patient:) 2CDA67E3-744B-4D2A-8D52-3BE2EA501861.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m wanting to change out the wheel bearing’s and the only ones I saw were on OldMiniBikes for a 4 pack of sealed bearings. They all looked like standard size, I should get them soon. I’m wondering how best to remove the old ones?
I sprayed mine with penetrating oil then tapped them out with a piece of wood and a hammer. There's probably a better way but that worked for me

River Rat Ron

I’m wanting to change out the wheel bearing’s and the only ones I saw were on OldMiniBikes for a 4 pack of sealed bearings. They all looked like standard size, I should get them soon. I’m wondering how best to remove the old ones?
Nice looking project bike. Just a heads up, mentioning OMBW is a big no no in here.
Not sure why but it’s a sore subject apparently.
In the future get the number off of the bearing and shop around. I buy mine from eBay obviously not a Timken bearing but they have worked for me.

I drew a poor diagram of how I remove a bearing. I use a piece of steel rod but a hardwood dowel will work.
If you’re trying to save a bearing work around the outside race. Otherwise hitting them anywhere will usually pop them out since they aren’t a super tight fit. And as minimancoman said use penetrating oil.

Sometimes you can use a dental pick to carefully remove the rubber skirt on a sealed bearing.
Then it’s possible to clean / re grease it. Look forward to seeing the progress

011680D1-0971-4B7D-824E-B527BF3F7710.png C73C6630-C1BE-429B-B393-34D44B88A6BC.jpeg

Last edited:
Not that it matters much, but I have been BURNED twice on E-Bay. Not on kart and bike parts but on Radio Control stuff as I am also into that. Never again. I have done a lot of business with OMBW. They are competitive price wise with all the major suppliers, offer free shipping on a total expenditure less than anyone else, and I have received help, or at least advice from Eric Adams the Grey Goat Garage. Having a difficult time figuring out what the supposed secret problem is about mentioning them on here.

Lizardking

Not that it matters much, but I have been BURNED twice on E-Bay. Not on kart and bike parts but on Radio Control stuff as I am also into that. Never again. I have done a lot of business with OMBW. They are competitive price wise with all the major suppliers, offer free shipping on a total expenditure less than anyone else, and I have received help, or at least advice from Eric Adams the Grey Goat Garage. Having a difficult time figuring out what the supposed secret problem is about mentioning them on here.
Have a read and you'll understand. No secret here. You're promoting competition when the owner of this site has his own mini bike parts store @Hent.com ..
https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/are-we-wasting-our-time-here.172427/#post-1261765