My friend and I got pulled over by a cop today on CT200U's

AAIM

So today at around 9:00 PM my friend and I got pulled over on my CT200U and CT200u-EX. We were in a small/abandoned neighborhood which we've rode around for about a year now. We even had a cop pass us once before and ignored us while I was riding my CT200U and my friend riding my go kart. Anyways, It was getting dark and we were at a 3 way stop. I was letting my friend lead the way since I always do and he said for me to choose, I choose right(the funny part is if we turned left it would've led back to home) and as soon as we started going, a cop was straight ahead, turned on his lights and we were stopped dead in our tracks. Now by no means am I trying to justify our actions what so ever but we were really comfortable riding on these back roads and when he turned on his lights I knew we had f***** up. :doah: Now after the cop asked our ages (I'm 16 and my friend is 15) he told us to lead us to my house. After 1 mile of riding back to my house with him tailing behind I go get my mother and he lectures about us being 3 miles away and how he almost hit us. He also said that he could've taken our parents to court, and us to juvie, and made it to where we couldn't get licenses and basically ruin our lives over mini bikes. Like I said above, I'm not trying to justify our actions, we knew it was illegal and still did it so all the fault is on us, but to ruin a couple of kids lives over 2 mini bikes seemed a little crazy. Anyways he left without giving us a ticket but wrote down our names. Also he sid we were 3 miles away and after looking on google maps where we were pulled over at, it was actually exactly 1 mile. And he said that he almost hit us when both us and the cop were going like 10 mph since we just turned onto the road. The conclusion to all of this is were not going to be riding on the road anymore, but that will not stop me building mini bikes/go karts and riding them. Just hope nothing goes on our record since he said that he wouldn't do anything unless we do it again.

Once again, nothing I said justify our actions and we know that we shouldn't be riding unauthorized vehicles but I just had to share this for others to be aware cause it was fun and games for us until we got caught, I guess now I'll start making some trails on my property and build more with offroading in mind now lol.

Attachments

Last edited:
Wow that sucks! All respect to police though. Not an easy job.

Two teenagers on minibikes in a run-down neighborhood, heck I'd stop to talk. Might not go as far as he did but there's a lot of other variables running around in his head. Just be polite as you were and you'll get off fine.

AAIM

Wow that sucks! All respect to police though. Not an easy job.

Two teenagers on minibikes in a run-down neighborhood, heck I'd stop to talk. Might not go as far as he did but there's a lot of other variables running around in his head. Just be polite as you were and you'll get off fine.
Yeah I took a criminal justice class last year in high school and I understand what police go through and he had every right to say what he said, but he exaggerated a lot with how many miles we were away, but I tried to be polite although I was pretty nervous lol. He was an old guy so that's probably why he was strict.

Not to justify, or make it some sort of political joke, but,
So much for the freedom, many of us fought for.
Best times I had was riding a minibike with my buds, on the street,
in New York City in the 1960's. Not an experience that should be denied,
unless being abused.

I've had a few close ones,saw cops first and pulled off into an empty lot and stopped so i too am riding on my yard and dirt road.I thought if a kid or a car jumps in front of me I'm gonna be in for a major problem.It's cool coz i can drink and fall down on my lawn where I'm safe..:laugh: ..I'll never give up my freedom machines..:thumbsup: