My gocart build

It was a mess when i got it i redid all the floors with 1/8" steel and the body work all the way around. It sucks on gas though im looking for somthing smaller for the winter probrobly a wrangler.

nah man! ya gottta keep it! j/k i dont blame you. I dunno how im gonna do it. I got a 88 k5 with a mild built 350 and gets 8-10 mpg average. How hard was it to do the floors? Im gonna ahve to do mine eventually...It is better than most ive seen but its still pretty bad.

sorry to hijack the thread but couldnt resist asking :thefinger: John

nice i had 35" tires on it for a while with stock hight suspention. The floors were not easy. The tailgate was actually totaly rusted shut. I had to get a new cross member that holds the tailgate from, jc whitney and i used 2 sheets of 3x5 steel for the back and made suports for it with bed frame angle iron. I just patched in the front sections wherever it was rusted. I welded it wherever i could and calked in some spots with seam sealer. Not an easy task. I actually did the bodywork twice because the first time i used alot of aluminum patches and rivets. Well aluminum and steel dont mix i know that now! So i used good thick steel and welded on the patches so it looks pretty good now but i think i did better bondo work the first time . Oh well. But other than the gas its a damn good truck super tough and reliable.

Sweet my brother wants to build somthing like that but with a honda engine like an ariel atom. Id rather have an old school formula vee or a lotus myself :)

Im not sure exactly but definatly less than 100$ . From the junk yard i got all 4 shocks and i think i got the rear axle and wheels from there too. I bought the expanded metal for the floor that was 5$. That was the first time i ever bought new metal for anything :) But then ya gotta add the welding and cutting supplies. I got the dirtbike engine for free just had to get it back together and running. So really probrobly about 80$ total id say

how long did it take to build because i want to build one i have a frame from my old go cart and im buying a dirt bike for the engine for the mounts was it hard???

"Hard" is a highly subjective thing.If youve never done something like that before your probrobly gonna have some trouble. just dont give up half way through and expect to do things 2 or 3 times :)

Im redoing the cart! Well a little bit anyway. For the front im putting on taller tires iv got some wheelbarrow wheels that should work good. And ill be removing the fenders all around. For the back im putting big atv wheels on it its gonna look sweet. To accomodate for it ill probrobly be putting together a wider axle and pillow block bearings instead of the bushings that are on it because they got really hot and tight sometimes. And ill probrobly use a slightly bigger sprocket if i can fit it to compensate for the larger tires. For the engine we've already got it apart to figure out whats up with the gears. Looks like the tiny first gear grenaded and bend the shift fork shaft as well as the shift mechanism thingey itself. And the grenaded 1st blew out the back of the case. So hopefully we can get that all fixed up and have 1st gear again without too much coin. Not sure if im going to have to build a roll bar or not with the higher cog well have to wait and see :smile: The engine is super compact inside its impressive. Briggs should make engines with gears. Alls they would need is a slighly longer case :stuart:

here it is now. works great sofar. Doesnt bottom out now i went right over a 6" log in the trail no problem . Oh and did i mention it goes like hell! :punk:

Where do you plan on riding? I don't have any open to public cart tracks near me and all I can think of is to ride it around the neighborhood a bit or maybe get it over to the local high-school on the weekend or after school is out.