My gocart build

Yup, thats him, look at the photos in his album, their of the same things on that webpage! i wish i had as much time and money to just go out to the shop one day and end up with a fully functional ride that night like he does!

Its pretty much done and i think iv got most of the kinks out of it. Just needs an air filter. The pics are pretty crappy but its too snowy out to take it out in the light. I need to get some better pics of the brake and kick start but its pretty cool i had to move it up out of the framing so i used bike sprokets and chain and a rear axle and welded a kick start to that and it works great. The only problem im having with it is first gear doesnt stay in unless you hold it in. And theres a pucker in the trans case where the gear probrobly grenaded which sucks. Im thinking ill glue a magnet to the case to hold any bits that are swimming around in there and pray it holds up. Other than that its awesome. I was able to drive it yesterday there wasnt much snow on the ground. I couldnt really open it up much though because it was too slippy with the snow. It is very very fast though :) I may try to fit some atv tires on it

OK where is the air cleaner LOL I would like to know the brand or source for the differential that you used ? The front suspension is real cool and the use of the bike parts is an area I would of never looked at . My hats off to your innovative endeavor. work out the bugs and have tons of fun Steve

OK where is the air cleaner LOL I would like to know the brand or source for the differential that you used ? The front suspension is real cool and the use of the bike parts is an area I would of never looked at . My hats off to your innovative endeavor. work out the bugs and have tons of fun Steve
the rear axle came out of a lawn mower.

And i got a good feeling its from a mid 60's Huffy most likely similar to one like this-

I made up an air cleaner for it it came off an old allis-chalmers mower ill post a pic later. The diff exploded on me because i had the gears welded from a previous progect so all the stress was on the aluminum case it couldnt take it. I made it into a solid axle and it works great. The problem im having now is the tranny locks up sometimes probrobly from the grenaded first gear. So iv got to pick up a small magnet and hopefully i can fish out the bits without pulling it apart. I took it up the road and its crazy fast. At some point ill make a video :)

I havnt been able to drive it much because of the weather but from what i have driven it rides good. The chasis levels out when your sitting in it i havnt had the rear bottom out but i have hit the front end on small stumps in the path in my woods i have to trim those down. I got very muddy the last time i took it out but it was a blast. i cant wait for the ground to dry out :)

I remember a go kart that was brought into my store and it was all homemade from a bunch of odd ball parts. the engine was a three cylinder Two stroke engine from a DKW car and it had a massive heavy flywheel the was to maintain inertia and it had three sets of points and individual coils. All this power was fed into a Harley Davidson 4 speed kick start gear box by a #50 chain and it was a live axle with little 6 inch Goodyear slicks . This guy used to run this kart in the Los Angles river bed for money and would beat the Plymouth Road Runners and GTX's and of course it had brakes that were good for about 40 miles per hour not 130 mph. I never saw it run but it did sound nasty with its minimal exhaust system . And of course the guy had a death wish LOL and great big bullocks . Steve
I hope the magnets gave the transmission till you get some fun out of all that work.

Yup the fenders turn with the wheels. Unfortunatly they dont block all the mud from going in your face. They help alot though.
Check out what i built this week its done now iv got to get some fresh pics but you get the idea. I just need to get to the junk yard for a tie rod to tie the wheels together. Its awesome its like a pedal gocart very fast feeling and fun :)