My kids first mini!

Well I Decided my kids need to start riding. My boy just got his training wheels off of his regular bike 6 months ago and has been riding very well. I have 2 girls also a6 and an 8 yr old. I picked up this mini frame from a guy and here we go. I really don't think they are ready for 2 wheels and a motor so I racked my brain thinking of a training wheel type option. After allot of pondering It finally came to me. Run a long straight shaft thru with training wheels. I have never seen anyone do this to a mini but man it worked out great. I put her together and had my son test ride. I also made the entire scrub brake and assembly from scratch I wanted to make sure she would stop on a dime and be easy to operate for the kids. Here are some pics i will post more as I go. Still needs to be tore down and painted as well as tweak a few things. View attachment 45735 View attachment 45736 View attachment 45737 View attachment 45738 View attachment 45739

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya gotta straighten the forks, make a seat, cut some stuff off someone welded on at some point, extend the foot pegs and strip and paint. I just threw it all together to make sure they can ride it.

45t

Very cool, well done! :thumbsup:

I'm in the same boat. My son has got the two wheel bicycle mastered, but has trouble with balancing the weight of his mini along with working a throttle and brake at the same time.

Would you be able to post or PM me your material list with measurements? I'd love to duplicate the design.

45T, I was in the same situation i knew my son would not be able to balance and operate the brake at the same time it scared the hell outa me. All u will need is #1 a 3' piece of 5/8" solid round stock.
#2 6 5/8" shaft collars.
#3 3 wheels and tires the same size. What I did was run the shaft thru th frame and made sure I had 10"s of shaft on both sides of the frame. (measuring from outside of the frame to end of shaft on both sides) cut off the excess. When you put your wheel on this will give a space of about 6"s of shaft between the frame and ur rim. Perfect distance to keep him upright and rockin. Very simple solution (of course after I thought of cutting the frame, putting a whole peerless differential in or doing something else crazy) what's the old saying Keep it simple stupid! I hope this gets your boy riding my boy was overjoyed. I would be happy to help in any way I can if you have anymore questions.

I work at Fastenal that's where I got the shaft collars and round stock. There's prob a Fastenal near u if u don't know where on close by is I can look up the location of the nearest one to u if u give me ur city and state. I can even give u part#'s if u want.

View attachment 46006 View attachment 46007 View attachment 46008
So I straightened the forks, cut all the excess stuff someone welded on off, extended the foot pegs 2"s, stripped her down and painted. I made a terrible seat for it don't laugh too hard! I didn't have any black material do I used the tan I had. I decided to go with a preditor motor in better shape than the other one and it has the throttle limiting screw for easily setting it way down for the kids. We went and rode for about an hour and my boy loved it.

45t

Looks really cool! I'm not far behind you. I need one more wheel, then my boy will be wheeling like yours. Thanks for posting this build and letting me borrow your design. :thumbsup: