my new speedway scorpion

joshua. c.

another small update, I just picked up some stiffer foam for the seat, this stuff is called re bond foam and its the same stuff used under carpets but a lot thicker. I had to get it threw a local upholstery shop and buy an entire sheet in order to get what I need and this stuff isn't cheep but I'll eventually use most of this up. this wont be my last project by a long shot. this foam is stiffer than most car seats and its way to firm to make comfortable seat on its own. so I'll need to combine a thick bottom layer of the re bond with a thin top sheet of high density foam to get the firm but comfortable seat I want. I have done the same thing with 2 previous bike seats, one of which being my primary blue bike seen in my avatar picture and I'm very happy with how the seat feels. by the way for size reference that's a full sized foosball table under that sheet. (its big) rebond foam.JPG

2SlickNick

View attachment 99237

this is the new rear sprocket mount next to what's left of the old one, I got the new one a bit dirty after holding the old one. my dad can fabricate most of what I need but id prefer not to lean on him to heavily on these projects. he is a busy person so I only ask if its something I know I cant find get or fabricate on my own. this part qualified.
on a different subject dose anyone know how to force out a stuck front shock on this bike without damaging it?
So smart... My Speedway is down at this time, my sprocket hub mount also broke and cracked. Any chance you could make another and sell one? Keep up the good work and I'm following this thread.

joshua. c.

So smart... My Speedway is down at this time, my sprocket hub mount also broke and cracked. Any chance you could make another and sell one? Keep up the good work and I'm following this thread.
ID have to ask my dad. he made the replacement one for me so that would be up to him. it was hard just to find a pace of stock large enough for the job. I also saw at least one other project hear where someone made a replacement mount out of aluminum for a speedway rim. I'll have to see if I can find that thread again. there seems to be a demand for certain speedway parts. I'm surprised that no one has decided to reproduce some to fill the demand.

2SlickNick

ID have to ask my dad. he made the replacement one for me so that would be up to him. it was hard just to find a pace of stock large enough for the job. I also saw at least one other project hear where someone made a replacement mount out of aluminum for a speedway rim. I'll have to see if I can find that thread again. there seems to be a demand for certain speedway parts. I'm surprised that no one has decided to reproduce some to fill the demand.
Okay cool thanks... Aluminum would def be strong enough LOL.