My Old Panther Kart

I was going through some old photos and found a pic of my old 1968 1586327215874-ba72fea6-04e3-4f4a-b862-6dc176222b68_.jpg 1586327215874-ba72fea6-04e3-4f4a-b862-6dc176222b68_.jpg Panther racing kart with a McCulloch 101B engine. I bought this kart back in 1984 for $100 from a friend that had the engine completely torn down and couldn't put it back together. I just happened to be at his place and noticed it just sitting there in his garage. I asked him what was up with it and he stated that he didn't know enough to get it going and regretted buying it. I told him that i would take it off his hands and he replied make me an offer. Jokingly i said how about $100? He said sold! Feeling a little guilty i just couldn't peel off the hundred bucks fast enough. I was working at my neighbors lawnmower shop that just happened to be a McCulloch dealer then the rebuild process was on. There was no recoil just a v belt pulley so i took an old Pemco Lil Tiger edger removed the cutter arm installed a v belt clutch along with a long v belt and made my own starter. New points & condenser were installed during the rebuild and a Tillotson carburetor rebuild kit was installed and it was back together running as it should. I was very fortunate that points & condenser, a carb kit and the starter belt were the only parts that i had to buy. My boss gave me the Pemco edger with the 2 hp Briggs. I had so much fun with that old kart even getting stopped by the police for ripping through my neighborhood was fun as well. I kept it for a while then traded it evenly for a 1976 Yamaha RD 350 motorcycle. Im a vintage chainsaw collector and wish i had that old McCulloch 101B today because its worth a fortune.

I was going through some old photos and found a pic of my old 1968 View attachment 260278 View attachment 260278 Panther racing kart with a McCulloch 101B engine. I bought this kart back in 1984 for $100 from a friend that had the engine completely torn down and couldn't put it back together. I just happened to be at his place and noticed it just sitting there in his garage. I asked him what was up with it and he stated that he didn't know enough to get it going and regretted buying it. I told him that i would take it off his hands and he replied make me an offer. Jokingly i said how about $100? He said sold! Feeling a little guilty i just couldn't peel off the hundred bucks fast enough. I was working at my neighbors lawnmower shop that just happened to be a McCulloch dealer then the rebuild process was on. There was no recoil just a v belt pulley so i took an old Pemco Lil Tiger edger removed the cutter arm installed a v belt clutch along with a long v belt and made my own starter. New points & condenser were installed during the rebuild and a Tillotson carburetor rebuild kit was installed and it was back together running as it should. I was very fortunate that points & condenser, a carb kit and the starter belt were the only parts that i had to buy. My boss gave me the Pemco edger with the 2 hp Briggs. I had so much fun with that old kart even getting stopped by the police for ripping through my neighborhood was fun as well. I kept it for a while then traded it evenly for a 1976 Yamaha RD 350 motorcycle. Im a vintage chainsaw collector and wish i had that old McCulloch 101B today because its worth a fortune.
Or that way too cool 2 stroke Yamaha RD-350 with Proto pipes & stingers along with those cool 70's style Continental cafe racer handlebars. Wow the guts i had back then to ride something that fast.