My saturday afternoon project....I must be a glutton for punishment

125ccCrazy

picked up a TH friday night...after closer inspection when I get home the bike has alot of issues...the most obvious was the fenders.... I showed my son this fender and asked if he thought it was fixable...he snickered, "why bother?"....thats all I needed for a challenge.....

125ccCrazy

Holy shnikes Randi! Nice Job. I thought mine would be a challenge.

oh, and thanks for changing your avatar :rolleyes:
Thanks Grant..... this fender came off the bike, went in the scrap bucket, a few hours later I pulled it back out and started hammering on it LOL

for the avatar, trying to change my life and that image doesn't reflect well, comical to a point but not very Christain like...I have a long ways to go but today is a starting point..

Here are a couple more shots of the rear and frt fenders

125ccCrazy

Nice work. I would've done the same just to save the OG part. It puts money into your mill when you can save on tin.
Thanks Nick.... you are correct about saving funds not to mention trying to find good TH fenders is nearly impossible....not sure why but almost everyone I've seen is cracked and bent... These may eventually crack again :shrug: ...I probably should have welded some support on the bottom side....maybe I'll just wire wheel the bottom sides real well and put a layer or two of fiberglass mat on them... not the best solution for support but for what they were when I started anything is a help and improvement lol...

Nice job :thumbsup:. Is that the trailhorse that was on craigslist for 125 bucks the other day.
Thanks Patrick, yes it is the same bike...paid $80... has nice 5 spoke (round spoke) wheels, band brake on the jackshaft.... Bike was alot worse than described but salvageable...

engine plate had 3 cracks, two behind engine mounting slots and one about
4" long down the side...... all are welded now..

The forks were free (not frozen) but the ends are worn out and the lower legs are sloppy so I'm cutting the lower 2.5" off and welding on new tubes so the legs fit tight... Seat was trashed...going with an mb250 seat from Bayareaburrito...

Last edited:
I almost inquired about it, The price was tempting. But I have not got my other one done yet. Its a Good find. You make it like new again. Did you get the Gold hard tail Bonanza that was listed a couple a weeks ago for 200 buck in Toledo.

125ccCrazy

I almost inquired about it, The price was tempting. But I have not got my other one done yet. Its a Good find. You make it like new again. Did you get the Gold hard tail Bonanza that was listed a couple a weeks ago for 200 buck in Toledo.
no didnt see it.... I wasn't really looking for another project but when I seen the TH and that it had the factory mags that it would be worth looking at...

I need to find someone that can glass bead the wheels....they are too straight to blast..they need to sparkle again..:thumbsup:

I don't know what the big deal is - this is what we expect out of you, 125.

Just reverse the sequence of pictures and you'll get an idea of my metal working skills.

furyus