My son's new toy

WLB

I escaped from the basement this morning and finally made it down to our friend's shop to see the Hurco CNC lathe all set up. I bought this at auction two weeks ago and this was the first time I've seen it since it was loaded on the trailer. It is an 8 tool turret. There is a picture of a few things my son made testing it with the tooling that was in the machine. They got some new tooling today after I left.

If any of you have any minibike parts you would like mass produced I'm sure it could be arranged. Anything that would normally be made on a lathe 12 inches maximum diameter, 12 inches long.

WLB

Thanks everyone. It is a neat machine. Wish I knew how to program it. They will probably let me feed it once they are set up to make parts. In the shop it came from it was set up with a robot arm that fed it.

I had hoped to be making a new trail bike by now but the July rains had other plans for me. I haven't used Mr Goat for anything fun but it has definitely been a useful tool on several jobs at the farm and here. We needed to install a culvert on the farm and took everything there on our 6 1/2 by 14 foot trailer. When we got there it was too wet to risk driving back where we were putting the culvert so we took Mr Goat off the trailer tied the trailer to it and pulled the trailer back to the site. We also have used it to haul 80 pound bags of cement.

WLB

Making money for my friend and my son was the reason for buying that machine.

Strigoi, I'm sure they would make you a few thousand of each if you want to market them. :smile::smile::smile: