My USLMRA race mowers

Hey guys,

Been awhile since i been here. Heres my uslmra IMOW. I kept it more stock appearing as i olny had 3 weeks to build it. Its a mid 90's murray with a bone stock governd 12 hp 28 cid briggs. It had a 930 peerless transaxle. I finished it at 1 am before my first race in PALMRA (pensylvania lawn mower racing association). Need less to say, the transaxle blew before we got to the race. Being it was the day before, i had no time to change it. There was a huge hole in the bottom of it but it still moved so i still raced it with no gear oil and a ole in the bottom. I new this transaxle was not going to last long as the 900 peerless and the foote spicer transaxles are crap. Also, i had incprect pulleys so i was not getting the proper 8:1 ratio so unfortanly i did end up getting last. I still had a great time and was very happy that every thing held togeather atleast. Nothin broke, my mower made it threw the heat races and the feature race with out breaking down.

Heres pics.

This is what i started out with.

Half way through the build

Now, what i lerned after the race.

I went to acmemowersports.com and order IMOW pulleys to get 8:1. And I STILL had that crappy peerless 930. So i replaced it with a bullet proof peerless 600, a gear to gear transaxle, no reverse chains, and no shift keys to fry up.

Now i would do a live axle with a peerless 700 gear box trannsmission. But this is an imow and dose not need that. Right now im doing that to my c/p craftsman uslmra race mower.

I am going to take MTD murray deck spindal and do a jack shaft for my imow though. I hope you guys like it.

Go to Letsmow.com or uslmra.com for info to race.

speaking of mini bikes, i was looking at my old cat today. Still in need for a new motor...poor ol girl has been sitting around for a little more then a half a year now :sadcrying4: