My winter project #3

is it worth it? I have a H50 from a retired snowblower. Did a visual test fit, just doesn't look right. Is it worth putting time into the H50?
I'll keep on a lookout for HS40 or HS50. Not too concerned about "original" on this build. :)

Attachments

mustangfrank

is it worth it? I have a H50 from a retired snowblower. Did a visual test fit, just doesn't look right. Is it worth putting time into the H50?
I'll keep on a lookout for HS40 or HS50. Not too concerned about "original" on this build. :)
Save the H50 for a 60s Rupp or trade bait, not only will an HS look better but the clutch and jackshaft alignment won't have to be messed with. It'd be a different story if you were trying to fit an 8-10 horse HM or H70 for the power.

delray

no luck finding a hs-40 or a 50. i just seen couple cheap ones the other day in my area. not sure if i see anything up north in your area.
keep my eye open.

I have the 4hp tore down but would like to go with the Hs50. Waiting to hear back from the hs50 guy. Looking into a torque converter, not sure what needs to done if i do not use orig TC1.
That'll be the next step.:)

Ok, just a rough fit up. What's the options for a torque converter other than the orig TC? Comet 20 or 30? Hs50 setting in there. Custom jack shaft? Its my first venture from an orig
restore so this is new territory. Appreciate the feedback, thanks.
20201218_182231.jpg