My winter project #3

Did a test fit on the HS50, crank, points setup with a 32517 alum flywheel off a HS40 and looks like the HS40 shroud/starter cup would fit also.
Is there any issues with this setup other then not original? I'll use the HS50 block, piston, w/Arc Rod, slide carb, make my own in-take and maybe that robertson header that @delray mentioned.
Again, just curious if the 32517 flywheel is an option.

Attachments

mustangfrank

Did a test fit on the HS50, crank, points setup with a 32517 alum flywheel off a HS40 and looks like the HS40 shroud/starter cup would fit also.
Is there any issues with this setup other then not original? I'll use the HS50 block, piston, w/Arc Rod, slide carb, make my own in-take and maybe that robertson header that @delray mentioned.
Again, just curious if the 32517 flywheel is an option.
Yep, it's been done, only major differences between the HS40 and HS50 are the piston/bore size and I believe the crankshaft counterweight. You'll have to use the starter cup from the aluminum flywheel whichever shroud you choose to run.

delray

Fire and ice, not sure I'm going with the alum Hs40 flywheel or the orig hs50, so removed the starter ring, with a little heat/ ice and a hammer.
steel should work just fine. i'm sure the engine wouldn't know the difference in performance gains under 5000 rpm's anyway.
this way you also can save that nice aluminum one for that hs40 future build....:scooter:

steel should work just fine. i'm sure the engine wouldn't know the difference in performance gains under 5000 rpm's anyway.
this way you also can save that nice aluminum one for that hs40 future build....:scooter:
Probably go with the orig steel. About my luck when it comes time to rebuild the HS40 I'd be scrambling to find an alum flywheel.
Although I do have a couple of the HS40 alum flywheels :)

Crank shaft turned to 3/4, still waiting for a new set of rings. Having trouble locating. No stock or discontinued. Have set coming from SEPW, hopefully.... HS50 crank turned.jpg

Anybody have any luck finding HS50 piston rings for large bore, 2.812 (2 13/6)
I have ordered twice "the replaced by" or 'supersede number" and both times I get the small bore thin rings.
My shroud number is HS50-67073B.
A couple part breakdown show the 40004 as a supersede number, which is wrong, that is a thin rings small bore (2.795)
Wonder why Tecumseh changed the bore size???
Any feed back or direction would be appreciated.

Not sure what I'm missing.

HS50 piston rings (thick): #33567 std
#33568 (.010 over)
33569 (.020)

I'll keep that offer alive. Hopefully I'll see mine early next week .020, but again not holding my breath. Once I get the rings and I can start to move forward with engine. Started to fab the intake manifold, this project is moving slow...:(.