Mystery ‘68 Rupp Build

Jim at Black Widow was gracious enough to send me a new jackshaft and a few misc. parts at no charge, so today I replaced the jackshaft on the TT. Then I rode it, it rode fine, then once I was home I squeezed the left brake and the lever snapped. I ordered a new one today, along with a new seat, and some misc. parts like a taillight.

markus

was there a fault or problem with the jackshaft that should be checked/addressed? The '68 I am helping someone with Has the max torque 2 speed (few years old but a new one) and the bike is getting a backdated in looks H50 motorsports with Dell 24mm carb. so it will make a bit more power over the older shorter stroke H50's. Wanna avoid tearing anything up! A Rupp I serviced in the past that had a comet 2 speed put on it, it came in with some loose parts that had to be addressed, thankfully no damage other than some scratches.

was there a fault or problem with the jackshaft that should be checked/addressed? The '68 I am helping someone with Has the max torque 2 speed (few years old but a new one) and the bike is getting a backdated in looks H50 motorsports with Dell 24mm carb. so it will make a bit more power over the older shorter stroke H50's. Wanna avoid tearing anything up! A Rupp I serviced in the past that had a comet 2 speed put on it, it came in with some loose parts that had to be addressed, thankfully no damage other than some scratches.
The roll pin on the small sprocket fell out and that’s what tore up the jackshaft. I’m not sure why it fell out, maybe it was a tad undersized, but the new roll pin seems to be holding fine. I also installed two set screws that Jim sent into the sprocket.

markus

The roll pin on the small sprocket fell out and that’s what tore up the jackshaft. I’m not sure why it fell out, maybe it was a tad undersized, but the new roll pin seems to be holding fine. I also installed two set screws that Jim sent into the sprocket.

Thanks, I'll go over it really well and maybe stake the pins etc. before it gets installed.

Put this experimental lighting coil I cobbled together from old parts on the TT-500. Two coils in parallel for the headlight/taillight, and another coil for the brake light, each with their own diode bridge to rectify the AC to DC.
20231017_143715.jpg

Took a long time to get it to get spark and actually run, but eventually it did.
20231017_172909.jpg

Well, the two coils in parallel were a good idea. The rectifiers, however, were a terrible idea. They drop the output voltage low enough that the lights only very dimly work at high RPM.

Tomorrow I'll pull the shroud and flywheel off and remove the rectifiers, ground one of the AC inputs, and connect the other end to each power output wire.

It was a neat idea, but they don't always work out. Hopefully I can salvage it.