Mystery ‘68 Rupp Build

Bought this ‘68 Rupp from a friend, I know it’s a ‘68 because it has nubs on the wheels where the disc brake rotors are supposed to go, front and rear. Got an NOS caliper for it, he just dropped it off tonight so I haven’t had a chance to work on it yet.

Attachments

Cut off the old swingarm brackets because someone before me cut off the jackshaft parts, and welded on brand new brackets. Hopefully this is the last of the metal work for this bike.

Attachments

Got a ‘68 Tec with lighting coil and ordered some parts from Black Widow, motor was rough but at least it has a cylinder liner and the bore isn’t too worn. I pulled the head off to set the timing, it also has the flywheel and shroud, although some idiot in the past drilled out the threaded holes in the shroud where the recoil goes. If anyone has a decent medium frame cooling shroud/recoil let me know.

Attachments

Progress! Got the 2-speed jackshaft installed, engine mounted, chains from clutch to jackshaft installed, got the tank bolted down with new well nuts and hardware, got the front disc brake redone, new front wheel bearings and spacer, etc.

Attachments

Well s***. I was drag racing my buddy’s Bonanza BC 1400 in my Rupp TT, and it started shifting all weird, turn out the roll pin fell out of the small jackshaft sprocket, and the sprocket chewed up the jackshaft, then drifted over to the left until the chain rubbed so hard on the tire the wheel locked up. Ugh.

Attachments