N.Z. made Tru Test

Bobcat's and Wildcats were made by Harrison...very similer to Ruttman mules and stuff. They are all kinda tied together. Harrison originaly built frames while working for Ruttman, and then started his own company..or something like that. And the Lil Indian looking project is looking good after re-welding.
That explains the resemblence between the brands, they were well traveled that's for sure!:thumbsup:

A little encouragement goes a long way to doing more on the project, thanks guys. Finished the brake and welded the rear fender bracket back on tonight, it was too low with the Astros. The R on the pedal pad is for Ross, my little boy.

I can't find any history through the company that sold them here in the early 70,s. I had a feeling they might be Lil Indians or a copy of them, they look to have the same brackets etc as a small frame L.I. but the wheels are a different style, 5" alloy similar to a Mae nco wheel. Would be interesting to find out for certain though.
Bikes comming along nicely mate! I think they were a copy of a little indian aswell. They were definately made locally in NZ though. Good to see you have other projects on the go. The Cobra sounds cooonl. Will be a strong engine for sure. Im building a 50 Ford Coupe I shipped in from the States about 6 years back. Alot of work yet:doah: Keep the pics comming. good for motivation.
cheers
Andy.

I am building this for my kids as well, exhaust tube frame, Monark springer front, race kart rear wheels. Just sorting hubs to drive one rear wheel at present and sorting gear ratio. Will be painted to match the Moon seat as will one of the mini bikes.
:laugh: That thing is cool.. I have Monark Springer on this bike too.. They are beat about to death now. I made some heavier rockers for the bottom, but the plate holding the springs finally broke up top.. :doah: After seeing what these front ends go for on Evilbay, I wish I would have made something different.. :doah:

Nice bikes.. look like the early Lil Indians to me... Welcome to the forum.

[/IMG]

Bikes comming along nicely mate! I think they were a copy of a little indian aswell. They were definately made locally in NZ though. Good to see you have other projects on the go. The Cobra sounds cooonl. Will be a strong engine for sure. Im building a 50 Ford Coupe I shipped in from the States about 6 years back. Alot of work yet:doah: Keep the pics comming. good for motivation.
cheers
Andy.
Thanks, have to nut out the throttle linkage to the B&S 3.5 and get the seat trimmed and it's done i think ? My 56 F100 has been on the go since Jan. 04, they take awhile sometimes don't they ?

:laugh: That thing is cool.. I have Monark Springer on this bike too.. They are beat about to death now. I made some heavier rockers for the bottom, but the plate holding the springs finally broke up top.. :doah: After seeing what these front ends go for on Evilbay, I wish I would have made something different.. :doah:

]I bought this springer off the bay specifically to build this trike, think i paid around $80.00. They are a nice looking fork eh ? I also made some new rockers with a little more shape to them than the standard Monark piece. There is an early 45" Harley springer hanging in the shed for a full size trike for my Son later on. Yours is a cool bike, have toyed with the idea of putting a little Villiers 2 stroke in this trike.

Thanks, have to nut out the throttle linkage to the B&S 3.5 and get the seat trimmed and it's done i think ? My 56 F100 has been on the go since Jan. 04, they take awhile sometimes don't they ?
Sure do! Are you on nzhotrod.co.nz? Saw the decal on your tool box. Im in Wellington this weekend and driving back to Auckland on Tuesday. Never been so wind blown in my life:smile: Maybe we need to start a NZ minibike registar?
Andy.

Sure do! Are you on nzhotrod.co.nz? Saw the decal on your tool box. Im in Wellington this weekend and driving back to Auckland on Tuesday. Never been so wind blown in my life:smile: Maybe we need to start a NZ minibike registar?
Andy.
NZHRM Forum, yeah, used to be, too much kiddie bickering :shrug: If you are driving through Dannevirke on your way home, i'm off work to do some work on my F100 all week, you are welcome to call in ? let me know.

]I bought this springer off the bay specifically to build this trike, think i paid around $80.00. They are a nice looking fork eh ? I also made some new rockers with a little more shape to them than the standard Monark piece. There is an early 45" Harley springer hanging in the shed for a full size trike for my Son later on. Yours is a cool bike, have toyed with the idea of putting a little Villiers 2 stroke in this trike.

No crap? :drool: You got a hell of a deal on them.. The Re-Pops are 150.. I've seen originals do over 200... :thumbsup:

Restore, there are brand new ones on Ebay right now all chromed for $119.00
No crapper? :shifty: Glad mine were from our bicycle shop some fifteen years ago.. :laugh: Man some chromies would look good on it too.. It needs MAJOR work this winter.. I haven't even been driving it lately because of all the broken pieces of frame and scary parts... :eek:hmy: