Nazi Commies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Human nature dictates that if people have power more often than not they will abuse it. It is unfortunate but it is true. I am a moderator on the vintage Mini Bike Page on Facebook, not that Sissy strictly vintage mini bike Page but the one that Paul runs. I am even handed maybe even a little generous and if I find I am abusing my power I will give it up because I hate that about people. Human Nature, you can't kill it with a gun.

This site suits ALL my needs and I truly hope it can survive for a long time. Once upon a time I collected fancy goldfish and paid as much or more as I do for minis. The Head Honcho and I became good friends and I was a moderator. His GF dumped him and he lost all interest in maintaining the site. It was assimilated by a member group but it wasn't the same. Hent is low profile on this site but I feel he silently guides it so it remains an enjoyable, learning place to visit. I hope he can take a step back, catch his breath and carry on. Live long and prosper my friend.

Fred

No one should have to log on to a mini bike site and see this kind of BS.

For those who think being a "Mod" is some power trip, I suggest you get out more. I've got hundreds of hours invested in trying to make this a better place, from re-establishing broken video and photo links, to running a build off contest. Several others have ran build off contests, and until you've done that, don't be ragging on mods.

Daily, there are complaints driven by members here who hit the "report" button on posts that mods have to investigate and take action on. Then there are the personal requests from members, as well as working within the classifieds trying to keep the rules evenly applied, and finally keeping up with the constant spam attacks. A power trip?

Serving in the Marines for over two decades gave me all the power tripping I needed in life. This is more like baby sitting.

Haven't we had enough division and shitstorms already people?

The individuals who've been moderators on this site have typically remained anonymous, due to the fact people get butt hurt when someone is a moderator and doesn't have the same ideals.

I appreciate and thank those who do step up to help, regardless of anonymity. Managing adults who act like children while playing with kids toys is difficult, as well as the other less desirous tasks such as editing links so photos and videos keep functioning, and build off events, etc.

The site was built around mini bikes and good people. Just use it for that. Facebook is good for gossip and stirring the pot. Please not here.

Thanks so much.

Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.