Neat Rupp bolt!

markus

Working on a '68 Rupp and came across one I havent seen yet. There is a pretty cool "R" cast into the head of the axle bolts Might purely coincidental? Yea, I am easily amused :wink:

The head tube bolts is the same size and thread pitch only a tad shorter, it is blank

I have an earlier Rupp econocycle and it does not have them, but I know that bike was somewhat pieced together, I don't remember them on the '69 goat I had either, but again that bike was pretty questionable as far as originality as well. This '68 is missing stuff, but its never been fully apart till now.

markus

Markus already has it listed on Ebay as a "Rare Mickey Rupp Autographed Bolt".....:deal:

Well I was going to have it gold dipped first, guess I can cancel that order:doah:

Its a cool stamping still, Never saw one like that just the typical rockford one. I did find it odd that the head tube bolt was blank, I mean if your gonna have anything with a logo stamped onto it that would be the one!

markus

Is that the TT500 you just picked up? Pics of progress please...
Fenders and front disc are soaking right now but everything else has pretty much been cleaned. I fixed the taillight and installed a correct PMCO lens for it it turned out pretty nice! Tank unfortunately has some chrome peel. Luckily the kids must have only had enough money for a can of spraypaint and not sandpaper as it cleaned right off.

Looking good!!! Having it down to the original finish made a big difference!! Can't wait to see it all back together. What are the plans for the seat and the motor?? I think I read somewhere that you picked up a H50 for it??

By the way, Is the bushing in the swing arm functioning correctly?

Last edited:

markus

Looking good!!! Having it down to the original finish made a big difference!! Can't wait to see it all back together. What are the plans for the seat and the motor?? I think I read somewhere that you picked up a H50 for it??

By the way, Is the bushing in the swing arm functioning correctly?

I highly doubt this bike will get built, I'm surprised the OG paint still looks decent, all the wiring was melted-somewhere in MO there is a charred H50 as this bike had caught on fire. have not had the swingarm of yet