neck tube

I was going to replace the bearings in the tube . I pulled the bolt out along with a small sleeve with it . The old bearings were nothing but bb's left . It looks like there is another sleeve inside the tube that will not let the new bearings fit in . Does anyone know anything about this or am I just ignorant and can't see the forest for the trees .

A sleeve a little bigger than the bolt came out . Is there another sleeve or just part of the old bearing . It is the same bottom and top .

Yeah..i was saying maybe outer part of old bearing may still be in there when it came apart.that's the only thing i can think would be.

Yeah..i was saying maybe outer part of old bearing may still be in there when it came apart.that's the only thing i can think would be.
That is indeed what is holding things up. Called the outer race. If driving it out is not an option, then a blind hole puller will do it. It comes as a set with a slide hammer and a choice of "jaws" that are inserted into the bore, then expanded out via turning them on threads. A slide hammer then yanks them out. Pretty slick tool if you can't get to the back side of a bearing or race. Autozone used to rent them. Sold in Walmart, HF etc.

It took a little elbow grease but I got them out . A big screw driver and a dremel did the trick . Thanks y'all .

Last edited: