Need 9/16” bore clutch for Westbend 700

Do not sleeve a WB crank. Max Torque sells 9/16" clutches specifically for the WB engines. Jim will deal with you directly on these, which is why I supplied his email address. He does a thriving business with the vintage karting crowd for these specific clutches. They are not like the four cycle clutches he sells in that they use different bushings and insert sizes, and they are shimmed with phenolic washers, whereas the four cycle clutches have one that is designed to take up a bit of the wobble.

Here's one of my 9/16 MT taken apart and sitting on a shaft for assembly. Mostly just like their SS version.

Max Torque2.JPG

Three words:
BIG JIM DONOVAN !!!
Besides the fact that I always try to support small businesses, my experience with Jim Donovan, from MaxTorque, was professional, very informative and custom tailored to what I have and what I needed to unleash the pony power to the pavement.
(Thank you Havasu Dave for the contact)
I saved more time and money just having Jim’s expertise in motors and racing.

Jim looked up the specs to my 700’s, took into account the kind of action my kart would be seeing and came up with a sprocket/spring selection that makes this Wildcat launch off the line and have immediate acceleration coming out of the turns.

Yep. He helped me, and he's been very involved in the karting portion of our world for a long time. He's at all the VKA events, and is very approachable. Great guy, great business model as well.

I now have new chains coming, because they keep stretching (before they break).
I’m in the process of tearing it down to paint and replace the rubber and I will soon post a pic of this beast.

I’m so grateful that guys like Jim are still in existence. He never once tried to be a “salesman”. He actually just dug into what I had and what I wanted to do and gave me exactly what I needed.
I can’t wait to meet the Man (the myth, the legend) and shake his hand in person.

Thank you also O.J.didit for the shout out.
Being that I run a wire EDM and can mock up a custom sleeve fairy quickly and on the cheap, I was already going to use that as my plan B.

However, I still am further ahead (on the pavement too) by getting the wealth of knowledge that I could not even find on the internet and a new, cool friend.
... as well as the “Cool Cats” I meet on this site !!
#thanksagainguys