Need a carb kit for a Tecumseh AH817MB 5hp 2 cycle engine

markus

got any better part numbers off the engine, like a 155-- type number? Those carbs have a "duckbill" style pump in them I think :shrug: they numbered the 2 strokes kinda funny in the parts books, I think I know which one it is in my old book but not positive and dont want to supply you the wrong part numbers.

markus

I took off the carb and under all the oil/dirt I found a two sets of numbers, no engine numbers that i could find. 528 4e2
with the numbers you sent me via PM this morning I found searching the Tecumseh 528 designation to be associated with the 631834 carburetor which does show in what I believe is the mini bike/recreational specific AH engines:

The other number you might find on this carb (or even maybe have to use for the choke parts) is the first version 631706 which on the charts shows should be a 441 stamping.

at any rate the kit for that is part number 631710, I highly doubt you'll find and actual kit though for these and will have to piece it together.

The items that would have come in the "kit" shown in my old parts book ( carb info issued June 72 and revised December 1978) are this:
630740 o ring adj screw (you need 2)
630746 plug, welch
630748 plug, welch
630953 element, pump
631707 needle and seat assembly
630978 diaphragm assembly

you should still be able to look up the carb parts listings using the 631834 and or 631706 numbers through vender such as parts tree, remember the "picture" is just generalized and never really matches what you have in your hand so it can be confusing to look at. from what I see the most important parts, needle/seat and the pump, would be pretty specific parts for that carb body where most other wear parts will be crossed with others.

Hope that helps you and maybe others out sometime in the future :thumbsup:

Last edited: