need a single Shock Spring OR a set of springs.

on phase 2 of the mockup build for my kiddos bike.
its a mutt,please dont hate too much,it was rough when we got it.

am in need of 2 springs to replace the front springs,as these are shot.
have one shock,seems to be from a go cart?
need one more.

as im gonna have to take apart the shock to retrieve the springs,
i was wondering if any of you fellas had springs laying around?
instead of me buying a new shock just to take it apart?

heres a link to 2 springs that im not sure will work.
they are a bit longer,which would be nice and give the bike a better Rake.
Rupp 1968 1969 Front Springs Shocks Mini Bike 1970 Arctic Cat Scat Sweet | eBay

also theres a pic of what i have so far.
thanks for Any advice :)

and yes,i know we need new 8~ tires lol.
reccs there would be appreciated as well.

118_0191.JPG 118_0192.JPG

You need to measure your spring OD. The Arctic front fork springs are 1-7/8" OD from what I recall, same as a large set of Sebac shocks. From your pictures, your front springs look smaller than that. Hard to tell, maybe just an illusion. The Arctic springs have a decent balance of stiffness and cush. The wire diameter isn't as heavy and stiff as a Sebac shock. Would be a good choice if the diameter works for you.

Last edited:
You need to measure your spring OD. The Arctic front fork springs are 1-7/8" OD from what I recall, same as a large set of Sebac shocks. From your pictures, your front springs look smaller than that. Hard to tell, maybe just an illusion. The Arctic springs have a decent balance of stiffness and cush. The wire diameter isn't as heavy and stiff as a Sebac shock. Would be a good choice if the diameter works for you.
you are right the shock/gocart Spring i show is what i want to replace those weak tiny springs with.
just trying to avoid cutting up 2 brand new shocks just to get the springs is all.
plus it will set the ride height about an inch higher in the front which is needed.
still looking,for just 2 springs,prefer Good chrome ones if possible,its for my kiddos bike.
this one we are going all the way.

( many thanks to B-Scorp too,for selling me the jackshaft we needed for her bike :scooter: )

also,it occurs to me,you being a artic cat guy,if you have a set of rusty forks complete,id be interested.
on the flip side,if you want some artic cat parts,we have 2 weve parted.
please lmk,and thanks to All who replied so far. :thumbsup:

I've got a box of those replacement springs like the eBay listing. They're actually Ruttman springs but fairly interchangeable with Arctic. They're 1-3/4" OD and 5-1/2" long. My bad on my previous post about the OD... large Sebacs are the same 1-3/4", it's the sebac cups that are 1-7/8".

I might have a set of forks. I'll check. PM sent on the part out stuff.

I've got lots of old rusty sebac springs if you want to re-chrome or paint them.

Last edited: