Need Advice (New Coleman CT200U-EX

I just finished the torque converter project on my CT200U. If I had a chance to do it over, I’d buy the kit from OldMiniBikes. Rather than spacers, they have a custom mount that moves the motor up and forward. No cutting of the frame or tc housing.

I ended up Re installing the chain guard loop. Pretty proud of myself, considering I don’t really know how to weld.

I’m getting 40mph now from a stock, fully governed motor!

Last edited:
The Torque Converter is about the best bang for your buck, you can get on a mini bike! I use my Coleman CT200U for trail riding so I installed a 60 tooth rear sprocket. That cut the top speed down to 25 mph, with the factory clutch and primary set up. I then installed a TC and the top speed went up to 35mph,with the 60 tooth sprocket. With a stock engine! The bike climbs like a pack mule on the trails, and still has decent top speed. IMG_3027 copy.JPG

The Torque Converter is about the best bang for your buck, you can get on a mini bike! I use my Coleman CT200U for trail riding so I installed a 60 tooth rear sprocket. That cut the top speed down to 25 mph, with the factory clutch and primary set up. I then installed a TC and the top speed went up to 35mph,with the 60 tooth sprocket. With a stock engine! The bike climbs like a pack mule on the trails, and still has decent top speed. View attachment 238703

Great-looking bike! where did you get that nice steel 60 tooth sprocket from?