Need advice on Torque Converter (CT200U-EX)

Ok guys, I'm ready to order THIS torque converter for my CT200U-EX with a predator non-hemi engine.

My question is in three parts.

1. Will this torque converter work (pretty sure it's part for part that's sold on gopowersports for 180.00)
2. Do I need anything else to make it work
3. Should I order the anti-vibration mounting kit

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to order everything I need for it so I'm not waiting weeks for a mounting plate or something stupid I forgot to get.

1. Yes it will work, if you have a 3/4" crankshaft on your engine.

2. Yep, riser blocks of some type,(square tubing or a bunch of flat washers) cut the chain guard cross brace, trim the mount plate to clear the frame, or raise the engine up higher. Problem with the latter is your fuel tank won't fit then. Also most state you should use the Comet belt instead of the stock one. Maybe/maybe not. Might have to trim the old jackshaft mount plates too. Also might want to order some new chain.

3. No clue, never used it so I can't say.

4. The difference between what GPS and OldMiniBikes sell and the China versions is how much work it takes vs dollars spent.
You could make up your own custom mounts, the ones in the two kits lift the engine and also move it forward more. Allows clearance that you would need to mod the China one to work. So it's either spend the extra money for a basic bolt on, or save the money and spend more time to make it work.

1. Yes it will work, if you have a 3/4" crankshaft on your engine.

2. Yep, riser blocks of some type,(square tubing or a bunch of flat washers) cut the chain guard cross brace, trim the mount plate to clear the frame, or raise the engine up higher. Problem with the latter is your fuel tank won't fit then. Also most state you should use the Comet belt instead of the stock one. Maybe/maybe not. Might have to trim the old jackshaft mount plates too. Also might want to order some new chain.

3. No clue, never used it so I can't say.

4. The difference between what GPS and OldMiniBikes sell and the China versions is how much work it takes vs dollars spent.
You could make up your own custom mounts, the ones in the two kits lift the engine and also move it forward more. Allows clearance that you would need to mod the China one to work. So it's either spend the extra money for a basic bolt on, or save the money and spend more time to make it work.
Tweety, thank you for your response. I'm just a tad confused with 2.'s answer. Are you saying 1. riser blocks or 2. cut the chain guard cross brace or both? Very sorry, just not reading it correctly I'm sure.

Keep in mind, I'm using a predator engine, definitely 3/4" shaft. Just wasn't sure I needed the risers with the predator or if it was just needed with the stock Hisun.

Last edited: