need brake help

:shrug:Hi Guys. I bought a jak pak over the weekend. It needs a few things... first it has no brake ( it uses a friction brake on a v pulley) he said I could get one through Northern supply. Any other Ideas? I will fab one if I have to. 2nd, the gas has been sitting in the tank for awhile. I need to dump it and rot out the tank. Any suggestions. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Mike

:shrug:Hi Guys. I bought a jak pak over the weekend. It needs a few things... first it has no brake ( it uses a friction brake on a v pulley) he said I could get one through Northern supply. Any other Ideas? I will fab one if I have to. 2nd, the gas has been sitting in the tank for awhile. I need to dump it and rot out the tank. Any suggestions. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Mike
if the gas was left in the tank

your in for an adventure.

how long was it left in there?
was it treated before it sat?

well the gas in the tank does it just smell stale or does it reek ? if it just not to fresh it mite not be to bad ,like last years gas . if it really smells skanky , like 5 years ago pull the tank and the carb , the fun has just started . get some lacquer thinner put some in the tank and slosh it around . it will get most of the crap out . and rubuild the carb letting it soak in ether carb spray or lacquer thinner .note if you soak and thing in lacquer thinner metal parts only , NO PLASTIC OR RUBBER lacquer will melt it .