need comet 20 series for 5/8 belt

toomanytoys

I thought 20 series was still 3/4.

Only one I remember being 5/8 cat 99 or tc88

I may have a cat99 driver in my pile of junk in the garage

I thought 20 series was still 3/4.

Only one I remember being 5/8 cat 99 or tc88

I may have a cat99 driver in my pile of junk in the garage
honestly, I dont know what a cat 99 ora tc88 is. heres the one I have. I am new to this. the one I have is defective. one of the roll pins looks shorter than the other and keeps coming out

Attachments

Last edited:
20 series is 3/4 symmetrical belt. I just used one on my powell and had to shim driven to fit 3/4 inch belt. Here is a note off the BMI website "Comet 20 Series Torque Converters and Obsolete Comet TC88 Series Torque Converters are Symmetric Systems. Comet 20 and 30 Series use 3/4" Top Width Belts. Comet TC88 and CAT99 use 5/8" Top Width Belts"

f4radar

Without assuming anything, if I were replacing the driver and didn’t know which system I had, I would be more concerned with making sure which type driven I had. You may just want to rebuild the one you have if originality is an issue.

Last edited:
Without assuming anything, if I were replacing the driver and didn’t know which system I had, I would be more concerned with making sure which type driven I had. You may just want to rebuild the one you have if originality is an issue.
its a comet driver with a 5/8 belt , symmetric belt. ill try to fix this one but I need one for a different bike also