Need Engine ID Help

Hi everyone! I'm new to the site and to small engines/ karting in general.

I've got a kart that my dad picked up long ago with intent to fix it for my kids. That never happened and dad passed a few years back, so here I am trying to finish what he started. My son is super excited to make this our winter project together, so I'm trying to get as much research done ahead of time as possible.

I was able to identify as a Manco Terminator thanks to the VIN tag still being present. But i can't seem to identify what engine is installed. I found a sticker with a barcode and numbers, but that's all I was able to find for ID. My Google searches for the number as well as image searches for a visual match have turned up nothing solid.

Any help or advice is appreciated. I can always take more pics if needed.

Thanks!

-- Charles
20200201_152706.jpg 20200201_152723.jpg 20200201_152820.jpg 20200201_152840.jpg 20200201_152833.jpg 20200201_152748.jpg 20200201_152813.jpg 20200201_152609.jpg

It doesnt look like it would've been the stock motor. It looks like some form of 196cc clone engine most likely. Sometimes under the gas tank it says the bore and stroke of the engine. If its a 196cc clone it will say 68mmx54mm. Sometimes they dont mark the block with it. Alot of 196cc clone and the 6.5 hp honda style engine parts are interchangeable too, so you won't have to worry about buying parts to fix it up. Pretty much everything external is swappable except maybe the flywheel taper. Hope you get a lead on what it is man. Have a good one

It doesnt look like it would've been the stock motor. It looks like some form of 196cc clone engine most likely. Sometimes under the gas tank it says the bore and stroke of the engine. If its a 196cc clone it will say 68mmx54mm. Sometimes they dont mark the block with it. Alot of 196cc clone and the 6.5 hp honda style engine parts are interchangeable too, so you won't have to worry about buying parts to fix it up. Pretty much everything external is swappable except maybe the flywheel taper. Hope you get a lead on what it is man. Have a good one
Thanks for the info Colemanman, much appreciated. Once we've got it pulled out and ready to tear into it I'll definitely be looking for that under the tank. Either way, at least I have some sort of starting point now. If I didn't get any info here, I figured I'd just tear it down and start comparing bolt patterns to pictures on the internet HAHA!

Thanks for the info Colemanman, much appreciated. Once we've got it pulled out and ready to tear into it I'll definitely be looking for that under the tank. Either way, at least I have some sort of starting point now. If I didn't get any info here, I figured I'd just tear it down and start comparing bolt patterns to pictures on the internet HAHA!
No problem man glad I could help you out. Good luck gettin her going man.

Addicted 2 Minis

It appears that it's been sitting outside for a long, long time. If it has been sitting outside without the air cleaner, chances are that the motor has filled up with water and may not run, at least without a lot of time taking it apart and cleaning it. I don't know how handy you are but if you're just now getting to it, it sounds like you don't have a lot of time to take it apart and clean it. If this is the case, Harbor Freight has what is known as the 212, it's a 212cc engine and usually replaces any 196cc engine that may have come with it. The 212 comes in two variations, the Hemi and the Non-Hemi. It doesn't matter which one you get, the Hemi makes a little more power and is preferred for the aftermarket options available. The benefit of the Harbor Freight engines is that they are CHEAP!, $120 when not on sale and $100 when they are. Good luck and have fun with your son, hopefully he'll have memories that'll last a lifetime of the time him and hs dad got the old go kart going, I know I do.

It appears that it's been sitting outside for a long, long time. If it has been sitting outside without the air cleaner, chances are that the motor has filled up with water and may not run, at least without a lot of time taking it apart and cleaning it. I don't know how handy you are but if you're just now getting to it, it sounds like you don't have a lot of time to take it apart and clean it. If this is the case, Harbor Freight has what is known as the 212, it's a 212cc engine and usually replaces any 196cc engine that may have come with it. The 212 comes in two variations, the Hemi and the Non-Hemi. It doesn't matter which one you get, the Hemi makes a little more power and is preferred for the aftermarket options available. The benefit of the Harbor Freight engines is that they are CHEAP!, $120 when not on sale and $100 when they are. Good luck and have fun with your son, hopefully he'll have memories that'll last a lifetime of the time him and hs dad got the old go kart going, I know I do.
To piggy back on this, if youre anywhere that gets cold and the water happened to freeze, it most likely cracked the block internally somewhere. You'll honestly spend more trying to revive this than a Predator 212 on sale and I'm no Predator cheerleader lol...