Need Help Reconnecting Governor Coleman CT200-EX

I just bought one of the new Coleman CT-200EX's off of Craigslist. The previous owner had done the governor bypass where the rod that connects the throttle plate to the governor lever under the gas tank was connected directly to the bell crank that rotates when you twist the throttle handle. I ordered a new rod and fine spring that goes with it from Coleman and reconnected the throttle plate to the governor lever. When the engine is off the throttle is in a half open position. I looked at a new Coleman in a store and also a Predator at HF and this is correct for the engine off. When the engine is started the governor is supposed to pull the throttle closed to the idle position. This is not happening, it is staying at half throttle. Everything I can see externally looks ok, like the new engines I looked at. I can only think over revving it has some how damaged the governor internally. Any thoughts appreciated.

Just off the top of my head, but, the governor has a pair of weights in the plastic gear that's inside the case. Soon as the engine starts to spin up the weights move outward and push a pin up against the governor shaft to pull the throttle back to idle. Could be something as simple as the weights are hung up, or the plastic gear has broken. The latter common as that gear isn't designed to spin faster then the governed speed. Can get real ugly and expensive if the gear blows apart and scatters pieces inside the block.

Also if the governor shaft is in the wrong position initially the weights inside will have no affect on moving the shaft. Loosen the clamp on the governor arm, turn the governor shaft so that you feel it hit up against the pin on the governor gear. on a Predator it's clockwise. Turn one one way you'll hit the pin. Turn it the other and it won't. Now holding the shaft up against the pin, move the governor arm so it pulls the throttle wide open.
Holding it in place tighten the clamp on the governor arm. To check you have it correct, you should be able to move the governor arm back and forth. If it won't move you screwed up, go back and start over.

Thanks for the response. I saw the plastic gear and weights in a you tube video. Those are my first thoughts. The bike is less than 30 days old, per the receipt and I talked to a warranty center. I'm going to take it to them and get their thoughts. I paid $425 for this plus $30 to get the parts from Coleman and will just sell it for whatever I can get before I put another dime into it if they won't warranty it. I don't expect warranty but it would be great if they would. Lesson learned about dishonest Craigslist sellers.