Need help?

Anyone know exactly what mini bike this is. I got it when I was 10 in Longview Texas. I thought it was a Lil Indian but not sure. Rear shocks, 5 horse Tecumseh and high rise handlebars.

440A1EF9-3485-4B5E-B692-8268FAF19E76.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
this getting any closer i don't think yours is a Rupp but the closer i can find to what it looks like the easier it willbe for me to figure it out so if you see something on one of these that yours had or something that it didnt have for sure lmk they made so many mini bikes back then its nuts so any info helps do you know what store you got it from

Attachments

what i thought it was at first but theres no rear shocks but thats not to say they didnt add rear shocks on another model from the same company most mini bikes were all made from a few factorys and just changed a few details here and there and stuck a new name one on them but then alot of them like rupp were made in mansfield ohio were they only made rupp mini bikes and go karts and they were the best of the best back then every kid that could afford a rupp was like a kid buying a bently for his first car lol

Attachments

markus

Anyone know exactly what mini bike this is. I got it when I was 10 in Longview Texas. I thought it was a Lil Indian but not sure. Rear shocks, 5 horse Tecumseh and high rise handlebars.

you are correct it was a lil Indian first version, the 1968 catalog shots show them having enclosed shocks. was that Christmas 1967 or 1968? yours looks like is was the 5000 version, This one below is revised version 6000 from that same year

1968 lil indian.jpg

you are correct it was a lil Indian first version, the 1968 catalog shots show them having enclosed shocks. was that Christmas 1967 or 1968? yours looks like is was the 5000 version, This one below is revised version 6000 from that same year

View attachment 285106
you got it had to tell from his pic what it was, but you definitely nailed it looks alot bigger in the pic then a lil indian this is the first lil Indian ive seen with rear shocks did this one come with the 2 speed every lil Indian frame and forks i have dont have suspension o that's why it didn't even cross my mind learn something new every day

Thanks for all the replies. It did have rear spring exposed shocks, blue green metallic with grips that were rubber with nibs on them. Hand brake, and chrome fenders. It looks a lot like the last reply. I don’t remember there being any speeds, it had a centrifugal clutch. Any chance of finding one? What would they go for?