Need some help from the Rupp Ruppster guys

myjunk

I am working on a Rupp Ruppster, but the gas tank is missing. I am hopeful that someone on this forum may be able to measure theirs and give me the dimentions so that I can build one. I am also in need of a few other pieces, if you have any for sale, let me know. Pictures would be extremely helpful too. Thanks

myjunk

THANKS x90 rider, these pictures should help me out. My Ruppster is more of a fixer upper than a restoration project, but it should be fun to ride around the farm. If you don't mind I would like to pick your brain and ask for a few pictures from time to time. Could you tell me what size the inlet to the tank is? Also what holds the rubber hose to the body?

Sorry it takes so long for me to get photos. I am on 75 hour work weeks and the buggies are at a remote location.
The fuel tank inlet hose is about 2 3/8" ID and the outlet hose looks like 1/4". There is a fuel cap on the rear section of the body and the fuel inlet hose attaches to it.

Do you need photos of the air cleaner housing?

Last edited:

myjunk

Thanks for the new pictures! If its not too much trouble I would like a picture or 2 of the air cleaner assembly. Thanks again
Sorry it takes so long for me to get photos. I am on 75 hour work weeks and the buggies are at a remote location.
The fuel tank inlet hose is about 2 3/8" ID and the outlet hose looks like 1/4". There is a fuel cap on the rear section of the body and the fuel inlet hose attaches to it.

Do you need photos of the air cleaner housing?

Air flow

The Ruppster was a lot of fun to ride around but what gave one customer of mine big problems was that they would load up their Ruppster on a trailer and head out to the deseret for a weekend of camping. Well the California deseret is dirt that has a lot of Iron in it and that would be sucked up by the engine cooling fan and would ground out the points and then run down the battery trying to get it to run. I had to make up a new intake air shroud and hooked it up to a dune buggy triple element air cleaner and with that being on the top of the body over the engine compartment. After that fix I never saw that customer again.
Steve