Need some ideas for back wheel alignment

I am redoing an old Fox that has had some hard use from someone before I got it. I am going to make this one pink and purple, with the hope that one day we have a grand daughter who will want to ride. I am taking off an 8 hp Honda and replacing with an old 3 hp Briggs. My problem is trying to figure out what I need to make the back wheel centered in the frame rather than how it sits now. The pics hopefully will show you what I have. I am wondering if there is a place to order a hub that goes through the wheel rather than just one side like mine, so that there can be a drum sprocket used. Here are some pics I took this afternoon. Thanks

buckeye

That's goofy looking. What was on that hub? A sprocket?
And is it a Sprite?? That just looks weird.
I can take some pics of my Sprite, which is close to what you have if ya want, but my wheels are set up different.
Strange looking for sure.

"It looks weird" is right. I am not sure on the model, but now I am thinking it maybe is a Trailbug???? I have a Campus and Doodlebug models and the wheels on those 2 look like yours. I was thinking that maybe this model had a less fancy wheel than the other 2. It seems like it would throw the balance off if left like that. The sprocket does bolt up to the hub, but there is very little clearance and the wheel is still offset by an inch or two. Stumped here, but thanks for the pics Buckeye:thumbsup:

Thanks...I may have found a hub that will fit my wheel on ebay. Will give it a shot, and the rest will come from OldMiniBikes. Hope it turns out real purdy when it is done, considering all the battle scares from its former life:smile:

Byron, Your bike appears to be one of the Fox models. In which case the front wheel assembly would use the triangular shaped hub and matching wheel like the one Buckeye posted above. Fox used the same setup for the rear on all of their steel wheeled bikes. The hub and sprocket containing the brake drum were welded onto a length of 1 5/8" tubing and the bearings were pressed into the ends of that tube. The flange to attach the wheel was the same as the triangular one used on the front wheel. I've attached some pics showing the components and the order in which they were installed on the Fox bikes. Hope this helps. Ogy

.....My problem is trying to figure out what I need to make the back wheel centered in the frame rather than how it sits now.

Byron...what if you were to remove the sprocket mounting studs and use bolts to hold it on instead....it may require tack welding some nuts to the backside of the flange if you can't sneak your hand back there.

Looks like you could then shift it over 3/4" - 1".

Thanks for the pictures and all the help to all of you. I have a nos Fox wheel on the shelf, but no hub for it. My other 2 Fox bikes do have wheels and hubs like the ones you posted pics of Ogy, but I was thinking this bike must have come with cheaper wheels somehow. I will maybe look for a hub and use my original wheel that on my shelf. I thought this was going to be fast and easy, but as usual, things keep popping up. After tearing the bike down, I spent most of a day welding holes shut, filling cracks in the frame, and filling in egg shaped slots in the back wheel adjustment. Thanks again for the help, now I can sleep tonight:laugh: