Need to Know if this build will work.

So I am putting a new predator 212 hemi in my go kart because the on the other one I just took the governor off because I was new to engines still ( I was 12 at the time ) and that motor is beyond repair so much stuff is broken Its just more worth it to get a new one. Its been a couple years now and I am fixing it finally and I want to do a solid 212 hemi build and I want to know if this will work because I am not sure I will list the parts I plan to buy so far and can anyone tell me if this build will be decent or if you have any suggestions on things to do or need to get because I'm not sure on some things especially on valve parts, push rods and heads. Here is the list:

First I have this stage 4 kit on OldMiniBikes warehouse Link is here because It would be a lot to write out so you can just look it will be faster: https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/predator-212cc-go-kart-kit-stage-4-hemi.html

Next I'm getting a billet Flywheel (Billet rod in kit), 26 pound valve springs, 1.2 ratio roller rockers, aftermarket stock size push rods, and a flat head piston.

I know I am going to need to do something with the head I am guessing and so can someone tell me what I need to do and If this build will work. Sorry If this build sucks my knowledge on engines is still not the greatest but I want to learn so yeah.

(Also Idk where I was supposed to post this so sorry if this isn't where it is meant to be posted)

Last edited:
You won't be able to link anything from Oh Em Bee Warehouse here due to legal issues.
I'll just say that I was the guy who put those part choices together for the kits about 7 years ago. They are outdated and there are many things I would do differently now.
What kind of kart is this going on? What is your drive set up (Clutch or TAV)? What terrain are you riding on? We can hand pick some parts for you that are going to yeild you better results in my opinion.

So the hemi comes with a flat piston why would you need another? Unless you understand what you want your motor's behavior to be you should not be buying things like pushrods and rocker arms. Do you want a motor with good low end and a flat powerband for a yard kart or do you want a top end monster that cant buy its way out of a corner unless its at 6000RPM. Are you road racing or backyard racing. The camshaft is the heart of the engine and the head is what determines how much max power you have the potential to make. This all has to be matched to each other. No sense having a hi flowing big valve head and then use a stock sized carb or stock cam. They all need to be matched. If you can provide more information on what you want from this kart and if you are using a tav or clutch. Kinda what minibikin said.

First, Thanks to the people that responded to this.

and I’m using a TAV and I plan on doing more road riding but also backyard riding to but mainly road so @minibikin' if you could pick out some parts for me that would be a big help

I74

Hi OvenMulti,, & welcome to OldMiniBikes ! :)

What Kart do you have ?

We would love to see some pics also. ;)

I

First, Thanks to the people that responded to this.

and I’m using a TAV and I plan on doing more road riding but also backyard riding to but mainly road so @minibikin' if you could pick out some parts for me that would be a big help
Get this kit: https://www.gopowersports.com/stage-2-212cc-hemi-predator-performance-kit-racer/

Get this carb: https://www.gopowersports.com/22mm-mikuni-carburetor-performance-kit-aftermarket/

You'll need to decide what exhaust you want as well. I really like F&B headers.

I don't know why you want to get 26lb valve springs. What valve springs you run is dependent on what cam you have. 1.2 roller rockers are a waste of money for what you'll be doing and there's no need to mess with the push rods.

That "stage 4" kit from that OldMiniBikes site is a joke. This is what you're looking at for a real stage 4 kit: https://www.gopowersports.com/stage-4-212cc-hemi-predator-performance-kit/

The limiting factor here will be the TAV if it's box stock. I agree with @Strigoi that the kit he posted is a much better "kit." However, unless you're going to a juggernaut driver or other mods to the TAV, it'll all be a waste. The TAV isn't a bad thing, they just don;t like high rpm setups in stock form. I would read up on that subject here and then proceed. The Mikuni will be your best bet for a carb also. Stock appearing carbs can produce really good power, but you're going to bay $250 or so for one.

The limiting factor here will be the TAV if it's box stock. I agree with @Strigoi that the kit he posted is a much better "kit." However, unless you're going to a juggernaut driver or other mods to the TAV, it'll all be a waste. The TAV isn't a bad thing, they just don;t like high rpm setups in stock form. I would read up on that subject here and then proceed. The Mikuni will be your best bet for a carb also. Stock appearing carbs can produce really good power, but you're going to bay $250 or so for one.
A friend of mine with a VERY similar build to my blue bike actually preferred the stock Comet Driver to the Juggernaut. That driver on his has handled many runs at 7,000rpm.

A friend of mine with a VERY similar build to my blue bike actually preferred the stock Comet Driver to the Juggernaut. That driver on his has handled many runs at 7,000rpm.
Wow, thats the first I've heard anyone say that but good info! Is he runnning the 7" driven or the 6"?