Need you’re help again...

Just bought this low slung beauty, today, locally. My new rider. Can’t ID it on my own. Not sold on the wheels & motor being original to the frame. Lots of replaced hardware, this one‘s been all apart at some point in its life. Any help is appreciated, as always.

Attachments

markus

It is an Aggie 88, Made by King-O-Lawn, and sold through Montgomery Wards. The engine on yours is pushing close to 10 years older than the bike and I would say the neck has been rewelded. The bikes are from 1969/70 timeframe and actually based off the Mickey Thompson mini bikes (frame only on that one, KOL took over from Them in 1968, KOL made a few bikes of that same frame design. far left bike of course

Thank you, Sir.
The 6” wheels look the same, as well, but with the huge sprocket on the back, somethings outta’ wack. Only about an inch of ground clearance for the chain, on the underside. Large chain for a mini, as well. We’ll figure it out. Got a reference point now. Thanks again.

markus

Thank you, Sir.
The 6” wheels look the same, as well, but with the huge sprocket on the back, somethings outta’ wack. Only about an inch of ground clearance for the chain, on the underside. Large chain for a mini, as well. We’ll figure it out. Got a reference point now. Thanks again.
KOL's used a 40/41 chain size the sprocket is original. Many times newer made tires of the same size will come in a little smaller OD than they did back in the 1970's so that's probably not helping. The bigger chain is actually kinda nice on the basic bikes with long chain run. They are a little more forgiving when it comes to alignment issues etc... Fox was doing it too in the 1970's on their little basic frames.

Higher profile tires it is, then. I WAS going to drop the sprocket size from 60T to something like 48-50, in order to reduce the sprocket diameter, while maintaining the clutch/chain. But...Increased tire diameter will provide additional overall ground clearance, kick stand lean and the kick in the shorts I need to bead blast the white wheel/sprocket paint. Plus, top speed on this thing already exceeds the braking and handling with my non-child size body riding it. Increased tire size shouldn‘t affect top speed as much as gearing. Thanks again, Markus.

I’m going to collect data from what I have and compare it to what I end up with.
Tire circumference, Ground height, Dead stop-200ft ET, Top speed, etc.
I’ll post it, if anyone’s interested.

markus

@relicracing , I see your looking for a larger tire in the classifieds. Remember that going over 13" OD on that frame will require modifications to axle mount or scrub brake so the tire will fit. Also a 5.30 4.50 Might have interference issues with the sprocket itself since they are also much wider and will ballon out a bit on the wheel. Just a few caveats to look for.......nothing is easy :D

We’re definitely on the same page. Lots to check before I decide. One thing affects another. Minimum, without clearance issues is going to be chain extension, as well. This wasn’t supposed to be yet another project but...