Needing recommendations on chrome plating

Hello All,

I am contemplating a restoration and was wondering if anyone here could recommend a chrome plating company that they have had good luck with?

I have contacted a few and thought I'd reach out to the group here as I am new at this ;)

Thanks!
Scott

mustangfrank

Hello All,

I am contemplating a restoration and was wondering if anyone here could recommend a chrome plating company that they have had good luck with?

I have contacted a few and thought I'd reach out to the group here as I am new at this ;)

Thanks!
Scott
Hey Scott, Welcome!

Put your location in your profile or give us a general idea of where you are, chrome shops are getting hard to find but a few people have posted about good results with some. Best advice I can offer is if you have the tools and talent to prep and polish the bare metal to a ready-to-chrome state you will save money and probably find more shops willing to take on small lot jobs like ours.

I'm in Metro Detroit, I thought shops would be plentiful...NOT!

mustangfrank thanks for the lead! I think I spoke with them already....can't get to my parts until April. I am almost ready to pull the trigger on a caswell plating kit and do it myself - although that looks very involved and a pain to do....

Robertt8883

Its a Long shot but I use ABC plating and Polishing in Reno Nv there 6-8 weeks out they have been around for 63 years.They are closed on Weekends but just in case (775 ) 358-2929. 1550 Industrial Way Sparks Nevada 89431-6012

mustangfrank

mustangfrank thanks for the lead! I think I spoke with them already....can't get to my parts until April. I am almost ready to pull the trigger on a caswell plating kit and do it myself - although that looks very involved and a pain to do....
Not me, that was someone else, I've never used Paul's...heard they do really good work but pricey.

Hello All,

Thanks!
Scott
How about a powder coat chrome finish. It looks very similar, is less expensive, it's durable, and you probably won't have a long wait to have it done. Try powder coating.

fistfullabar

No such thing as cheap american chrome. You probably could get some Chinese chrome cheaper and faster! Almost all shops in us are good but rare. Therefore prices up waits up.
But nothing like fresh chrome. Carefull its addicting...