never used shipping co. before

You could look online (post a "wanted" on craigslist) to try and find an independent truck driver that goes that route or even a vehicle transporter that goes that route to vehicle auctions etc. Probably not going to be cheap though. Try R&L and also freightquote.com.
waiting to hear back from freight quote. Just got a quote from haulbikes.com.618.00 est. 18 days to receive it. Thats getting better. Showroom transports 1650.00

Last edited:

1971_MB1A

yeah I wish this was easier. I would love to buy it, but shipping is three times what I would pay for it. Thanks for everybodies help .I have been lurking for a while and you guys are a great bunch. always helpful. I will be joining to help support the site. After that I will post up some pics of my stuff and my projects.again if anyone has any suggestions I would welcome them. I am considering flying and renting a truck would cost of what shipping would be
Honestly if you have the time to do so that may be the best option as you should be able to fly there for fairly cheap depending on when you book your flight. A friend of mine just recently flew from PA to FL for $57.00.

Honestly if you have the time to do so that may be the best option as you should be able to fly there for fairly cheap depending on when you book your flight. A friend of mine just recently flew from PA to FL for $57.00.
Maybe,there is another one in Kansas I would love to buy.Thats the only way it would be worth it ,spent two days picking up bikes along the way. lol. My girlfriend would kill me.

1971_MB1A

Maybe,there is another one in Kansas I would love to buy.Thats the only way it would be worth it ,spent two days picking up bikes along the way. lol. My girlfriend would kill me.
If/when I do a trip like that I always pick up a few other things old car parts etc along the way to pay/help pay for the trip. If it's something you plan on keeping it's probably worth it...if not,it's probably not.

If/when I do a trip like that I always pick up a few other things old car parts etc along the way to pay/help pay for the trip. If it's something you plan on keeping it's probably worth it...if not,it's probably not.
I"m considering everything at the moment. For me personally ,it would be worth it if I could get both. I already have two tri rods I am going to restore.

1971_MB1A

LOL ,what have you got,
I'd have to take a look as I don't know trikes very well but I'm pretty sure one is a orange tri sport or tri rod,other is probably heald trike,and the other is a very small orange tri sport or tri rod. All projects in need of restoration etc (I'm pretty sure the 2 bigger ones still have the original engines) and the very small one is missing the engine.

Here's one to consider, last year i posted a mini-bike on U-ship from Florida to Wyoming. Went with flexible dates on both ends, cost me $275 bucks. They wanted $460. I refused, no way i was gonna pay that.

Then posted another one from Ft. Worth to Wyoming, again with flexible dates. Moved it for $150 bucks.
Granted mini-bikes are small yet they still wanted stupid money to move them.

You can post your price to move whatever on there. Just 'cuz they want stupid money doesn't mean your at their mercy if you can be flexible on your dates.

Hope that gives you some insight. I was just like you, why does everthing cool and cheap enuff have to be a kazillion miles away?
It paid off bein flexible and not jumping on the 1st quote thrown your way.

They won’t accept bikes anymore..
Fastenal told me they would not accept minibikes / motorcycles or etc. because of fear of damage - but upon speaking to her further and "clarifying" that the complete Superbronc I was purchasing was not running at the moment - she said they would transport it if it was classified as "Parts" ! My seller dropped it off at Fastenal secured to a skid and 2 days later it was at my nearest Fastenal ready for me to pick up - believe it was less than $200 ? Just Sayin .............

Fastenal told me they would not accept minibikes / motorcycles or etc. because of fear of damage - but upon speaking to her further and "clarifying" that the complete Superbronc I was purchasing was not running at the moment - she said they would transport it if it was classified as "Parts" ! My seller dropped it off at Fastenal secured to a skid and 2 days later it was at my nearest Fastenal ready for me to pick up - believe it was less than $200 ? Just Sayin .............
Thats good to know..they refused the last 2 times to ship a bike.. Thanks!

Fastenal... the hardware people? If' that's the case, which i think it is?

I had no clue they would ship shtuff across the good Lord's half acre for cheap enuff. What's the trick to get them to ship shtuff?

Here's one to consider, last year i posted a mini-bike on U-ship from Florida to Wyoming. Went with flexible dates on both ends, cost me $275 bucks. They wanted $460. I refused, no way i was gonna pay that.

Then posted another one from Ft. Worth to Wyoming, again with flexible dates. Moved it for $150 bucks.
Granted mini-bikes are small yet they still wanted stupid money to move them.

You can post your price to move whatever on there. Just 'cuz they want stupid money doesn't mean your at their mercy if you can be flexible on your dates.

Hope that gives you some insight. I was just like you, why does everthing cool and cheap enuff have to be a kazillion miles away?
It paid off bein flexible and not jumping on the 1st quote thrown your way.
that is what I thought to begin with. I finally got in touch with the seller and he is flexible on pick up date so I can list it with a wider pick up and drop off window, in the hopes someone will pick it up as an extra load.So far my best quote is from haul bikes 600.00. The reviews for them is mixed. If you dont mind waiting, and communication being spotty and problematic. But everyone who said something negative about these issues. comepletely raved about the drivers and the way they handled everything. At that cost it would be about the same as doing it myself.

definitely want to try that angle.

I'd have to take a look as I don't know trikes very well but I'm pretty sure one is a orange tri sport or tri rod,other is probably heald trike,and the other is a very small orange tri sport or tri rod. All projects in need of restoration etc (I'm pretty sure the 2 bigger ones still have the original engines) and the very small one is missing the engine.
sent you a message.

Jut a thought; not quite sure how to go about it but, I've seen ads on Craigslist and other places offering to haul bikes for people to bikeweek in FL. Maybe you could find someone in MN that is coming to bikeweek?