New Baja re-Build

I did say that the Rebel tank was an option.That pic of the two bikes looks like the tank is way bigger Doug, me not knowing the measurements..I was discussing this because i have seen many people questioning what they could use.Good to have more input.:thumbsup: I was not trying to push anyone to buy a tank right away.If my input did a disservice to anyone i am sorry :frown: i hope that the tank he ordered works for him..looks like choice is either a little bigger or a little smaller
Ya put the Ninja on it......

I think the tank looks bigger in the pic of the 2 bikes due to depth perception. I wonder if they would look the same size if the original Baja was in front of the MB200...

Truly there is no wrong choice. It just what the individual wants to do or have as an end result. Personally I like the fact that The Rebel tank holds 3.2 Gallons. I probably wont ever run out but I don't have to worry about running out either....

Doug

Last edited:
I like the look of the rebel way better! However I did a search on ebay, and to buy one without a dent in one, would cost $200+.

I went through like 25 ads where they looked good, then the last pic shows a dent :( no bueno for me and powdercoating.

If I find a good deal on one, I will buy it and check it out as well. I now have 5 baja's and 1 frame so it will be put to use somewhere! :)

Scott

I like the look of the rebel way better! However I did a search on ebay, and to buy one without a dent in one, would cost $200+.

I went through like 25 ads where they looked good, then the last pic shows a dent :( no bueno for me and powdercoating.

If I find a good deal on one, I will buy it and check it out as well. I now have 5 baja's and 1 frame so it will be put to use somewhere! :)

Scott
I payed $80.00 for mine on a Buy it Now auction with the petcock and the cap with key. Its Black and it is perfect less a scuff/scratch that would come out with a little compound and wax..... And its an original Honda Tank.

Just got real lucky... You can buy reproduction tanks fairly cheap if you just search for them I think Amazon sells them.

Harley Davidson sportster tank fits nicely. Just need to trim and reshape the front of the seat to make them fit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Glad to see this interest because i want a Trailmaster mb200-2 ..2017 model,its got rear suspension,they keep moving the date available up.It's got a plastic tank too which i will probably change because I'm not a fan of them.I like the mb200 and Warriors too.I can't take that riding position with no suspension on the rear.That is really the only reason haven't bought one..used they are cheap and available here..it will be my last bike..i swear :laugh:

Last edited:
Yeah the true teardrops are cool.the Honda z50 tank has a flat bottom...that capacity is nice :thumbsup: price not bad..just have to add seàl,paint,cap and petcock looks like

Last edited:
Yeah the true teardrops are cool.the Honda z50 tank has a flat bottom...that capacity is nice :thumbsup: price not bad..just have to add seàl,paint,cap and petcock looks like
well ..that link i had from OldMiniBikes coz was cheaper 2 months ago at OldMiniBikes at that time..hope you find tank suitable KozmoK ..it is nice tank comes w great cap and petcock..

well ..that link i had from OldMiniBikes coz was cheaper 2 months ago at OldMiniBikes at that time..hope you find tank suitable KozmoK ..it is nice tank comes w great cap and petcock..
I received the tank tonight! It will work out nice... now the mounting issue.

y2hmExa.png

What do you guys think about mig/tig welding two long bolts to attach to the OldMiniBikes aftermarket tank I bought? Otherwise I think I would have to 3D Print some sort of front attachment/adaptor to the frame tube.

Kinda like this dude did:

EAD1wXe.png

Thoughts?

Hi.i used the stock tank mounts...i put rubber tubing over the bolt used on the frame top tube to cushion mounts so not letting the bolts touch so vibration not wear on tank.i slid the tank on.. used a grommet and bolt on back tab ..is solid ..i put on a different frame type but think about my idea ..if not best for your appliction use another method..either way will work .....glad it looks ok ok.:thumbsup: take a pic of what you put it on..

Last edited:
man you got it! I just ordered two off ebay. Thanks! I will have to weld something up for them to slide onto but thats no big deal! Beats welding into that gas tank, and will help with vibration on it.

Story of my life waiting for parts being shipped!

Last edited:
man you got it! I just ordered two off ebay. Thanks! I will have to weld something up for them to slide onto but thats no big deal! Beats welding into that gas tank, and will help with vibration on it.

When you get them go to Advanced Auto Parts or ORielies or what ever parts house is near and buy 2 "freeze plugs" that fit snugly in the rubbers. Use them to mount the rubbers to isolate the tank.

Weld them to a thick washer then weld that to the head of a bolt and the other one to a nut and bolt them though the frame. Use washers to get the width you need and cut the bolt to length. Then Loctite it all in place.

Easy Peasy.... :scooter:

Doug

Last edited:

I'm a linked credit card enthusiast. :laugh:

2SlickNick

Did you mount the tank on yet?

I ordered 3 different kinds of rubber cushions. The one I know will fit because it shows dimensions:

Pair Honda CL90 S90 Z Z50 S110 V45 TRX125 ATC70 Fr Gas Tank Rubber Mount Cushion | eBay

However its from Indonesia - and it will prob take a week or two to get here.

I ordered this one: *OEM HONDA FRONT GAS TANK MOUNT SET (2_EA) Z50R ATC70 17611-028-000 (74Z/74Z) | eBay

Not any information or specs on it. Hasn't shipped yet :(

This is the 3rd one I ordered:

Honda 17611-HM5-730 CUSHION, FUEL TANK | eBay

Which will be here tomorrow.