New Boonie Bike owner- S.W. Michigan

Just picked up this Heathkit Boonie Bike from a co-worker.

Said he has this minibike that ran last year but couldn't get it started this year, his kid didn't ride it that much anyway and I could have it cheap. I wasn't really looking for a minibike but figured maybe I should go have a look at it anyway.
My boy is only 6 and this thing is too big for him and wasn't really sold on the idea until he brought out the ski that attached to the front and I thought this actually is kinda cool so I brought it home.

I don't know why he couldn't get it started- the throttle cable was dorked up and kept falling out. I fixed that and put fresh gas and oil in it and about 10 pulls later it was running.
The forks are bent back and it looks like it has a 2 speed set up but theres no way to shift it. Im sure its missing some parts. It rides around the way it is so I'm good with it for now, maybe fix it up this winter.
It looks like its the original engine, seat, wheels, etc, The brake lever is this cheepo plastic thing probable off of a bicycle.
Thanks for adding me to the forum, I'll be spending some time reading up on this stuff.

I uploaded a picture of it to "my photos" but it doesn't want to let me attach it here.