New brakes seized on MB200

Hello,

I just bought new brakes (the whole assembly) and am trying to install them onto my Baja MB200. However, after installation, the rear wheel does not move at all. If the minibike is pushed very hard, it may move a little bit. It is not an issue with the brake handle or cable, as it is locked up even when that is disconnected. I noticed that the brake assembly rotates in the drum when the wheel is off, but it is getting pushed toward the wheel when the axle bolt is tightened. The tighter the axle is tightened, the harder it is to move the wheel. The brake drum was cleaned out and clear of debris.
I'm not sure what the underlying issue is. All I know is that the brake assembly pushes against the drum on the flat side on the wheel.
The part was purchased from Monster Scooter Parts: https://www.monsterscooterparts.com.../bamibipa/brake-assembly-baja-mini-bikes.html

Thanks for the help.

I would say just need a washer inside between your brake and drum or not loosening the brake mount when putting wheel on that's causing brake to close...if you crank down on axle it could also bind it.hey it's a mini bike..nothing perfect..:laugh:

It sounds like you left out a spacer tube that prevents the brake assembly from bottoming out in the brake drum.
That is probably the issue. I will try to find it (parts all over the garage) and put it on. Do you know the height of the spacer?
Thanks