new build advice needed

dbone

hey guys i just bought an old monkey wards minibike frame thats in great shape but frame and forks only has complete scrub brake forks stright motor plate holes great.

need input on how you guys would build it as an old school mini? im 46 5'10" and 225lbs :thefinger: so i was thinking a harbor freight 6hp clone with a cam and pipe and carb, astro aluminum star rims with slicks on ft and rear, either flat black primer frame and polish engine and wheels,

any ideas from the minibike masters? have a line on a 5hp briggs with a big tank but was told the clones are more reliable thoughs? :scooter: would i need wheelie bars on it with the 6hp?:confused:

A clone isn't more reliable than a 5HP Briggs.:eek:ut: I think what they meant was it's the easy way out.

If you really want to "build it as an old school mini" then it should have a flat head, if not then put the biggest engine that fits.

125ccCrazy

ideas on frame colors and seat colors with the polished astro wheels and slicks?
If you want to do it old skool, matte black frame, astros with the spokes painted matte charcoal like the old Torque Thrusts, metal flake seat with matching metal flake grips, slick on the back with a sawtooth tire on the front, maybe do a thin white wall on the tires.... Whether you use a clone or a briggs do the block wrinkle black with chrome or satin black on the tin with some pinstripping to match the seat, use chrome or polished stainless acorn nuts on the engine and axle nuts.. Use thread rod or studs for the wheel bolts with acorn nuts on both sides... Fuel line to match the color of the seat (red, yellow, blue ect).....

125ccCrazy

:scooter::thumbsup::weld: THATS SICK!!!! now i have a plan.... :thumbsup: awesome thanks
no problem, now ya gotta do it so I can see it LOL...

Sweet Ideas there 125!
Thanks JB, I thought it would be a unique look, something different than everyone else is doing... alot of bikes have been done black with red wheels but doing it with the astros done up like the old Torque Thrust wheels with the 60's metalflake details would make a cool ride..

For my bonanza I'm thinking about doing my kidney bean wheels up like the old salt flat wheels, polished lip with a flat grey center...

hey guys i just bought an old monkey wards minibike frame thats in great shape but frame and forks only has complete scrub brake forks stright motor plate holes great.

need input on how you guys would build it as an old school mini? im 46 5'10" and 225lbs :thefinger: so i was thinking a harbor freight 6hp clone with a cam and pipe and carb, astro aluminum star rims with slicks on ft and rear, either flat black primer frame and polish engine and wheels,

any ideas from the minibike masters? have a line on a 5hp briggs with a big tank but was told the clones are more reliable thoughs? :scooter: would i need wheelie bars on it with the 6hp?:confused:
Let us know how you like that front slick...they can get kinda squirrelly in the turns.