New Coleman CT200 6.5hp.. pics..

I put the topic in the doodle bug section.. though it appears very similar I dunno..

19" tires.. 6.5hp.. spec weight is 112lbs.

Heres the pics..

I ordered some OldMiniBikes parts for it..

Jet kit with 36, 37, and emulsion tube
Air Filter kit with choke holder
8" header pipe kit.. (don't fit, hits the rear front most fender mounting bolt).. see pic..

I installed the #36 jet and new tube, the air filter and it fired up.. no choke needed.. (75'F out here today)..

I mounted a 3800 lumen triple LED light (rechargable) and PDW rear light (AA)..

I adjusted the throttle limit screw all the way out..

Runs pretty great and snappy..

Thinking of the 'clone' TAV2 kit for it..

Heres a pic of the engine mount plate.

Looks like it will allow a direct TAV2 bolt on..

There is already a notch in the frame where the rear corner is (where the TAV normally hits).. and it has a built in like 3/4" lift toward the rear..

Anyone done this to this model yet with a TAV2??

Last edited:
Okay.. just did a GPS speed check..

With factory exhaust back on (for now)
The new 36 jet and emulsion tube
& the Air Filter kit..

22 MPH.. :scooter:

I did also order a $12 tachometer to try on this as well.. and a helmet (due Monday)

T-Town Mini

I think those are a good buy as they are but, the improvements you're making to it will make for a better ride.

I've looked at some of the inexpensive tachs on amazon for my own bike just to see what it's turning. I'd be interested to know your results with the one you install.

Keep the updates coming. :thumbsup:

I finally saw one of those in person last week. Of course I'd like to put a HM80 in it, but the frame looks flimsy. And there's no way those forks will hold up to anything but around the yard riding. For the money, I'd buy a Monster Dog.

Well the Coleman 'red' had to goooo.

Prep (seat removed and back fender)..

1st coat of Krylon OD green Camoflauge paint..

Then final with some khaki & forest green camo stripes.. and the 3800 lumen 3 CREE LED headlight and PDW tail light installed..

I could do under the fenders.. but who cares.. LoL

Waiting on crankcase 'breather' filter..

Good idea.. plenty of flat black here at the shop..

I also made a 50 cal can 'trunk' and Camo'd it.. & bolted it down..

Decided not to return the 8" header pipe.. gonna have my buddy cut the pipe and weld it like a 'wiener' pipe but angle toward back more..

Badass bikes... I got two of them and have dumped a pile of money into the motors....

Removed governor
Billet rod
billet flywheel
intake
header
rockets
powercam

Its fun stuff and they are super affordable bikes. I'm going to sell the old motor to recoup some of my money. I like the ammo can idea but sometimes I let people ride back there..

badass set up there. I have similar rocky hills around here. How does it climb with those big ol tires? The gearing on our 6.5 dbugs struggle on steep rocky inclines. I wonder if the tav would allow you to creep up hills like a trail bike? I just built suspended front ends for my two sons dbugs but may have to start looking for these beasts and trade up.

badass set up there. I have similar rocky hills around here. How does it climb with those big ol tires? The gearing on our 6.5 dbugs struggle on steep rocky inclines. I wonder if the tav would allow you to creep up hills like a trail bike? I just built suspended front ends for my two sons dbugs but may have to start looking for these beasts and trade up.
I took it up and down some pretty decent road hills out here.. seemed fine..

I may eventually get the TAV 30 model for it.. as it seems to be a bolt on and not require grinding/cutting off the bottom edge (or propping up the motor) as much as a TAV20.

27mph maxed out with the 'G' tied back with wire.. does 22mph with the Air Filter, jet, and header pipe when 'G' not tied back..

For my rocky/dirt roads 27mph is plenty.. :scooter:

I was thinking the same thing.. though it would be costly.. and you need to check center bolt and spacing..

Some new pics..

Vanity 'plate' and dual PDW Danger Zone lights

New $12 Tach/Hour meter from EB..

New 3/8" Crank Case filter from EB..

Video update today.. with Tachometer and idle numbers.. etc..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIbaFZ-Bv04&

Last edited:
Should've bought a MB200 then if you want to do that.
Pepboys and Tractor Supply don't have the Baja/MB200 anymore.. due to that 2010-2012 recall..

I know certain places have them.. and that would have been the logical option.. I think they are like $799 shipped from some dealers..

I went for $699 and $100 spare motor instead.. lol

Another video from today.. just a ride along..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge10YDhY0TA&

Last edited:

rmm727

Pepboys and Tractor Supply don't have the Baja/MB200 anymore.. due to that 2010-2012 recall..

I know certain places have them.. and that would have been the logical option..
Ok, our TSC still has them. I do like the Coleman bikes. They're kinda an in between bike. Not a DB, not a Warrior/Heat