New engine time!

Well guys today is the day the old 6.5 had a major gasket blowout so i hauled it in to the shop and tore it down.the problum started when i went to put it back to gather,i got all my case bolts in and the motor would turn nice but when i tightened them it wouldent turn at all....i mean nothing...so i tore it down 2 more times and tried im fairly comfident that i dident miss anything...but now the case is tight and the motor wont turn~!this is on my baja heat mini with tav2......any thoughts on where i went wrong.....and im prepared to buy a new motor anyway..

can anyone point me twords a good buy on a 6.5hp 3/4 shaft?

Motra

Your engine shouldn't be sentenced to death for that, something's probably just a little off kilter, missaligned, or something. How's the side cover gasket? Please don't tell me you used silicone instead of a gasket, the proper tolerances of the engine rely on that gasket. You could use the $300.00 that the box stock engine costs to mod your engine and end up with a far better engine, AGK sells all the individual parts too.

vette66_00

Harbor Freight if you use the coupon in the TOOLS area under coupons last post. There is a 20% off you should be able to get a 6.5 HP for around $100 and then buy $200 worth a hop ups could get 12-13hp with that kinda money. and you can mod you TAV to work with this new engine.

This is what I would do.

125ccCrazy

I'm going to go with Motra on this with the side cover gasket, when I built my clone and assembled it the engine with a Honda gasket and it turned over hard, I loosened the side cover and it freed up, I had to double the side cover gasket with a clone gasket, now I have just a tad end play and the engine turns over good..

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Well guys today is the day the old 6.5 had a major gasket blowout so i hauled it in to the shop and tore it down.the problum started when i went to put it back to gather,i got all my case bolts in and the motor would turn nice but when i tightened them it wouldent turn at all....i mean nothing...so i tore it down 2 more times and tried im fairly comfident that i dident miss anything...but now the case is tight and the motor wont turn~!this is on my baja heat mini with tav2......any thoughts on where i went wrong.....and im prepared to buy a new motor anyway..

Sounds like you need a extra side cover gasket. You don't have any end play, and the crank is binding together not allowing it to turn over.

cncd11

thats why everytime a gasket is used it needs to be replaced. the squish and get thinner each time they are used.