New engine...

So i bought a duramax 7hp 208cc engine for my coleman ct200uex but the clutch is 5/8 and the shaft on the new engine is 3/4. So can i just buy a 3/4 clutch with the same amount of teeth?? Or is it more complicated than that? My first swap lol. And if anymone can show me an example of everything I need to get please, it would be greatly appreciated

So i bought a duramax 7hp 208cc engine for my coleman ct200uex but the clutch is 5/8 and the shaft on the new engine is 3/4. So can i just buy a 3/4 clutch with the same amount of teeth?? Or is it more complicated than that? My first swap lol. And if anymone can show me an example of everything I need to get please, it would be greatly appreciated
Congratulations, you are all ready for a Torque Converter.
DO IT!

Just buy a 3/4" clutch same tooth count. 420 chain. Reuse the old jack shaft assembly.
Hopefully the pics help what im trying to say lol. I dont know much about mini bikes- but it won't wont even come close. And what's this littls black box? Cause its blocking the assembly from going on...

Attachments

Hopefully the pics help what im trying to say lol. I dont know much about mini bikes- but it won't wont even come close. And what's this littls black box? Cause its blocking the assembly from going on...
That is your jackshaft assembly, all that is gone when you install a torque converter.

The jackshaft downgears the engine for more torque, but it doesn't convert torque.

toomanytoys

That little black box is a vacuum manifold.

Tear it off useless.

You may need to remove or modify the heat shield. I know the jack shaft plate will mount because a TAV has the exact same pattern.

SAS289

Before you bolt on the jackshaft you may want to verify whether the new engine will accept metric or standard bolts. The bolts that came off the original engine are metric. They should go in quite a ways by hand if the new engine's side cover is metric.

If they do not feel like they are going in right wait until you get your clutch and use the bolt that comes with the clutch. Try running it into the side cover by hand. If it goes in nice then you will need 5/16x24 bolts to bolt on the jackshaft. Get the same length bolts as the metric ones.

You don't want to jam the wrong bolts into your brand new engine.

Before you bolt on the jackshaft you may want to verify whether the new engine will accept metric or standard bolts. The bolts that came off the original engine are metric. They should go in quite a ways by hand if the new engine's side cover is metric.

If they do not feel like they are going in right wait until you get your clutch and use the bolt that comes with the clutch. Try running it into the side cover by hand. If it goes in nice then you will need 5/16x24 bolts to bolt on the jackshaft. Get the same length bolts as the metric ones.

You don't want to jam the wrong bolts into your brand new engine.
The old bolts are to big and only go in a tiny bit. Imml gonna try the ons that come with the new one but that little black box is on the way.. Not sure what it is.

That little black box is a vacuum manifold.

Tear it off useless.

You may need to remove or modify the heat shield. I know the jack shaft plate will mount because a TAV has the exact same pattern.
So besides having to figure out the bolts, will this work? I have a 7hp 208cc-- this says 6.5hp. Or can you show what i should get? Something with bts preferably lol. Thanx

Attachments

So besides having to figure out the bolts, will this work? I have a 7hp 208cc-- this says 6.5hp. Or can you show what i should get? Something with bts preferably lol. Thanx
It'll work fine if that's the size chain your bike uses.

Are you looking to keep the stock jackshaft setup that it has?

It'll work fine if that's the size chain your bike uses.

Are you looking to keep the stock jackshaft setup that it has?
If it fits- yes- if not than no. More thrn anything- jusy looking for help. Not sure what im doing- this is my first swap. I ran into issues as soon as I started..... The bolts from the old engine wont fit to hold the assembly. Idk what size the new engine (duramax 7hp 108cc) takes.