New family member

This little girl showed up in our life unexpectedly. My wife works for the Sheriffs Dept. and they responded to a call of an abandoned mom dog and a couple of puppies. Unfortunately the other puppy didn't make it and we ended up with this little terror. Last we heard they're still looking for the person that left them so they can nail them with animal cruelty charges. I doubt anything will come of it though.

She's a damn handful. I've never had a puppy before and it feels like a full time job watching her. She's in the if it fits in her mouth she bites it stage. My arms are cut the fuck up from her using me as a chew toy (those damn puppy needle teeth). We're going to be getting her into puppy school hopefully next month. She's either sleeping or on level 11 play and bite everything mode.

Her name is Pesha. She's a pitbull, we're waiting to get the DNA test back to hopefully find out exactly what she is.

She looks a lot like my wife's old pitbull we had to put down a little over a year ago. Same color, same white feet, similar chest markings and same white spot on the end of her tail. It's like it was meant to be. We've had her for a few weeks now. She was 6lbs when we got her and is up to 12-13lbs now. She's growing like a weed.

Attachments

bruces

That really is awesome .I had a near identical dog ,and he passed 3 months shy of 22 years old ,of old age ,so she might be around a very long time .

That really is awesome .I had a near identical dog ,and he passed 3 months shy of 22 years old ,of old age ,so she might be around a very long time .
Damn! I don't think I've ever heard of a dog living that long. Her last pitbull only lived to be 12 before he had to be put down due to what they thought was very aggressive cancer.

Damn! I don't think I've ever heard of a dog living that long. Her last pitbull only lived to be 12 before he had to be put down due to what they thought was very aggressive cancer.
Typically the bigger the dog the shorter the life. Now a Schipperke will easily live 20 plus years. Our last Norwegian Elkhound that we had to put down was a little over 17. She was healthy enough to eat good and have normal movements but she lost all the muscle in her back legs. It just got to the point that she had no quality of life. Our previous Elkhound lived 13 years.

The biggest difference these days is we cook all our dogs dogfood. Its Turkey based with lots of root vegetables and lots of spices along with Azuki Beans and eggs. It added 5 years to our last Elkhounds life. Its pretty much a middle eastern Indian type food except when you add the egg you fully crush the shells and add them in too. It makes an adult dog act like a puppy. We cooked it this past weekend. Got 38 Quart Ziplock bags out of the one big pot and that will feed both our Elkhound and our Dorgi with 1 bag a day. They skinny up and the Vet brags about their weight and muscle tone being so good. And they absolutely scarf it down. She also supplements it with a certain brand dry food too.

Would be glad to share the recipe if anyone would like to try it. The worst part is rounding up all the odd spices the first time around but you can make 6 or 8 batches if you buy the big bottles before you have to restock. Sandra starts cooking the5 pounds of ground Turkey in the big pot and I slice all the celery and Kale and potatoes. Takes about 2 hours total.

So many of the manufactured dog foods have so much bad junk fillers in it. Its spooky when you start reading the labels on some of the bags.

bruces

We have a salt pool with stairs so the dog would swim all the time ,2 - hour long walks a day , changed up his food every few bags ,carrots for snacks,camp swimming on the river chasing ducks ,and catching red squirrels up until about the last year ,he was a great dog ,and only one unscheduled vet visit his whole lifetime .We now have a huge 120 lb black lab ,and he is always in the shop with something or another l.o.l. .

PatrickCraik

Congrats on new pup! Wadda beauty!! My 2 passed within 8 months, 2nd one last week. She was nearly 17, my other best bud was nearly 18. Really tough saying good bye. I wanna give it a break, maybe forever. My wife been looking for recues. Another pup living that long could outlive us. I’ll be 80 if I make it

Rowedoo

Cute puppy........But you gotta control the bite and chew thing or everything in the house will be wrecked.......Been through that .

I’ve had Pit/lab, Pit/? From the pound and Pure Pitbulls. They were all great loyal Family pets. One bit of advice, long walks every day burns that energy. Congratulations on your new best Friend!

toomanytoys

Typically the bigger the dog the shorter the life. Now a Schipperke will easily live 20 plus years. Our last Norwegian Elkhound that we had to put down was a little over 17. She was healthy enough to eat good and have normal movements but she lost all the muscle in her back legs. It just got to the point that she had no quality of life. Our previous Elkhound lived 13 years.
We had a Norwegian elkhound when I was a kid. When my parents bought their house in 93 the people had a 6 month old one they were going to put down because they couldn’t take him. My parents said just leave him at the house they would take him.

They had to put him down in 2009 because he couldn’t walk anymore. He was little over 16 years old.

Best dog I have had. He was a good friend.

minibikefever

Good for you and great for the dog, they surely are as faithful as it gets, After the training of course lol, they are a part of our lifes but we are all of theirs, congratulations on your new best friend (except for the wife of course)...

Very, very cute Pooch and not only is he a lucky dog having you and your wife as caregivers but you caregivers are lucky CutePooch has chosen you to share his Happy with you all. (I use caregivers because I don't believe we ever own dogs, we just share our lives with them)