New Front Rack showed up!

Mailman brought gifts today. My new Green Centrifugal Clutch spring and the new Harley Davidson rear "Solo" rack.
A week ago I did a "guesstimation" of the front fender curvature angle and found on Ebay a HD rear solo rack that was close to fitting. Not finding a reasonable priced CT200 front rack I gave the HD rack a try.
I placed the rack onto the front fender and found the rear,main securing bracket was off matching the fender by 3 degrees! Wahoo! And easy fix in my padded vice.
I found that placing the rack bracket OVER the fenders securing bracket was the way to go. Under the Baja bracket created too much tension on the fender which would eventually cause a crack to form.
The new brackets pre-drilled hole matched perfectly to the Baja bracket and bolt/bolt hole.
I drilled the front hole for the front securing bolt and use the same type Allen bolt to match the factory look.
The rack has a slight "swoop" at it's rear which is perfect for holding water bottles from sliding off in a sudden stop. Cool Beans.
I Budgied two water bottles to the rack and took the bike for a ride down my 1/4 mile long back emergency road ( for fire trucks as they cannot climb my drive-way, too steep.)
with the bikes "Knuckle-Head" front suspension,neither bottle moved at all.
Now I can carry water or a light load on the front rack and keep "an eye" on the cargo at the same time.
New rack sitting on front fender:
FR1.jpg
I had to bend the rack's bracket down a few degrees to match the curvature of the bikes fender
FR2.jpg

You can see the new rack is a good fit to the fender:
FR3.jpg

Drill and bolted on, the new rack is ready to go to work:
FR4.jpg

Side view showing the racks slight upward bend holding the water bottles in place:
FR5.jpg

Ready to hit the trails in the AM for the next ride. No more lost water bottles due to a rough road and out of sight loss:

FR6.jpg

Only problem I see is the water is going to get plenty hot in the sun.
You’ll need to shade it somehow lol

But it looks great nice job matching it to the fender

So true, "Brain Freeze" will not be a problem.
Sorry, it’s kind of an inside joke
I work outside in hot weather and we go through a lot of water.
Leaving the water in the sun is a cardinal sin and will earn you a ball busting.
Hot water in a plastic container tastes terrible and I think has been proven to be bad for your health.

To be honest you’re my hero, I wish I could ride long enough to need extra water lol
The way you have outfitted your bike is inspiring and very well thought out and well-executed
Thanks for posting!

Yep, your right about the plastic and sunlight. And thank you for the kind words.
I usually need to stop after two hours of riding in the sun to re-hydrate. It also is about time to refuel and turn around and head back to the car. Loosing the water bottles last week as I did, could have put me in dire straights. No more.
Now that I have the front rack I may use a bag or get a pair of water bottle cooling bags.
I try to ride 15-25 miles a week in the mountains. Now that I have both racks to carry goodies I plan to ride a lot more.
The ride is a work out to be sure. When I get back to my home and unload the bike from the trailer, I really feel it. Nothing like throwing around the bikes weight and my butt over and around boulder filled trails and dirt roads for a few hours.
I normally ride my Trail King, but I noticed the driven spur gear has outlived it useful life. Since it is a size 50 chain,and the bike is 60 years old and no parts I will have to have the new gear cut and welded true onto the drive wheels hub. So, The Baja is 2019's fun toy.
But it sure is fun.