New gas cans,,,,,really?

:eek:ut::eek:ut::eek:ut:

I know these started in California and have infested the free world. :doah:

Was out of town and needed a can for my quad,, filled it , read the :censure: directions just to use the :censure: thing then tried to put gas in the quad and the :censure: safety nozzle leaked gas all over the place! :censure::cursing::censure: Boy what an improvement for safety and the environment! :eek:ut:

We finally found a thumb design that didn't leak but had to go through hoops to pour and it takes forever because there's no EVIL vent hole.

These things are going to get people burnt and killed :eek:ut:

Since then I've collected old style cans or nozzles when I can find them for a few bucks.

What's next in the world of safety and tree hugging? :doah:

^^We must be... someone with their infinite knowledge to decide what is best. :doah:

I hate them stupid safety cans. I plan to keep an eye out for good nozzles at fleamarkes and whatnot.

I bought a new gas can a few months ago and you had to press the nozzel against the gas tank neck:doah: I couldn't get it to work and gave it to my friend and said "good luck":laugh:

I hated mine ...at first...then I drilled a vent hole in the back top used the plug from an old can....works well and I don't have to worry about the gas coming out before I tell it too.. like when the can is way full and you only need a little. still have some old ones tho..

WLB

That's what happens when you allow people to design and mandate things who generally produce nothing and live by stealing (taxing) the wealth of others.

That's what happens when you allow people to design and mandate things who generally produce nothing and live by stealing (taxing) the wealth of others.
i agree. i do have a few of the plastic gas cans with the hitch that engages
the top of the gas tank that you are filling, for the lawn mower or chain saw.
these cans are festooned with legal advice and warnings.

lawyers; saving us from gas can carnage

here in st.louis the big rubber things they had to have installed on all the gas pumps at every gas station years ago, well now they decided they were not needed after all, what a waste of money that was.

I also just bought a new one but doesn't have the thumb button it has the stupid slide collar the your supposed to twist to lock. It's just a total piece of crap.

Blindly ranting.........

SO I made it all go away....

I wish I had some clever to say.
But I am standing in the eye of a shit storm at work watching people blame other people for things that ultimately kill third parties.

No law will stop stupidity.
And even if its a good law there are some people just too stupid to get it.

I pray I wake up one day to find there has been a monumental cosmic event.
A solar flair would do.....

Fry everything that uses electricity and set the world back too year one.
Then I never have to see another dim witted fool do something stupid with technology he does not understant ever again.
This aplies to skip hoists and gas pumps, drving straight through flashing green lights and typing nonsense ( my own included ) on internet bulitin boards or or electronic news papers.

I will spend my days growing carrots, shooting deer and making wine and never worrying about the idiot that might be running something dangerous around me again.
And then ( being the idiot I am )I will get borred, I will invent the wine powered minibike and the cycle will start again.

Last edited:
I agree. About the cans. Not sure what that ^^^^ is all about.:shrug::laugh:

These new green cans cause me to spill all over the place and evaporate more gas into the air than before. Thankfully I still have two old ones and only one of the horrible new ones but I like the idea of modifying it...

I have been collecting the old vent style cans for a while. I think I have enough to last me a lifetime. Everything from 1 gallon,2 1/2 gallon and 5 gallon sizes... I still buy them at the swapmeets when I see them...:thumbsup:

I also just bought a new one but doesn't have the thumb button it has the stupid slide collar the your supposed to twist to lock. It's just a total piece of crap.
That's the first one I tried to fill my quad with! Leaked at the twist thingy. I guess there's a big stink over those and even the manufacture hates them! :doah:

The one with the all Black nozzle and thumb push is fine ( for new anyway) it has a thumb safety block on the left but you can pluck it out.

STILL I buy like new old cans for $2-$5 when I find them.

Check out this guy BWAHAHAHAHA!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Hh9RlMC3G-E