New Guy from Metro Detroit

Bmac

Hi, I am a new member from Harrison Township, MI. My son and I had been talking about building a mini bike for a couple years and it never happened. We were finally ready to dive in, so I asked a friend at work if he knew where I might find one. Well he steered me in the right direction and I came up with a CCS Charger roller. I had an HS50 from an old snow blower in the shed. So we got him on the road, and then I wanted one for myself. I picked up a Ruttman, but decided I wanted to give that one to my daughter. I really liked the CCS Charger my son had, so when I seen one available, I decided to pick it up. It had been sitting in a barn since the 80's, so it's in rough shape. I am looking forward to these projects and plan on using all the resources OldMiniBikes.com has to offer.

Attachments

Bmac

Thanks for the welcome. I have found out by searching the OldMiniBikes site, the last mini I picked up is a CCS Charger Trail Boss. I am new to posting, but I will try to post my progress on these projects. The weather has been pretty decent here this month, so were still riding them. We cant bring ourselves to tear them down yet!

Welcome! We are getting quite the group together for occasional Sunday rides, maybe you could join us when we start up next spring. We leave out of Lowell, but it is worth the drive!
Mark

Welcome from sterling heights...I know your area well...grew up in mt clemens but partied a lot that way back in the 80s...ginos surf back in the day.

Looks like you have some nice projects on the table....you have come to the rite place.

Make sure you check out the "Thunderdome" in the spring, its an old Olympic bicycle track in east Detroit the miniminds have taken over. Watch the events postings . Its a riot.

Make sure you check out the "Thunderdome" in the spring, its an old Olympic bicycle track in east Detroit the miniminds have taken over. Watch the events postings . Its a riot.
Thanks for the heads up on that Mr.fuss

I had seen mention of "Thunderdome" on the Facebook mini groups. I wondered what they were talking about. I will definitely have to check it out!

There is a face book group Called Thunderdome racer's cup. Like them on fb and you'll be hip to the race days and just for fun events at the park. Also look into places in our area like Studs , and oldschool minibikes. Lots of great people in the Greater Detroit area to learn from, buy and sell parts from and enjoy the hobby with. I'm new too so I'm always discovering new groups and events around town that I want to get involved with. You can PM me if you want. Swap meet at Oldschool on the 28th.