New guy from North Texas

Hey guys and gals.

Just picked up my first mini-bike on a trade. I was looking for something cheap to use at deer camp for getting two and from stands, scouting, and hopefully dragging a sled behind me. We have about 4k acres and dragging deer back to camp or to the road can be a beat down. Just don't have the money for a 4wheeler.

Anyways picked up a Baja MB165 Warrior and so far I love it. I think I'm already addicted to mini-bikes LOL!!!

There are a few things I need to do to it before deer season:
1.) it runs with the choke off but lopes pretty bad when not under throttle. It causes the light to dim as well. Any ideas??
2.) it came with new foot pegs and a new clutch so installing those.
3.) rig someway to attach a deer sled
4.) figure out how to get some more torque out of it. Top speed means nothing to me, I'd be happy at 5mph if it will drag a buck 2 miles!!

Anyways looking forward to talking with everyone and if anyone has any ideas for me let me know!!!

Thanks,
Justin

IMG_0452.jpg

Here is what it is doing. Any ideas on why it would idle like that??

[video=youtube;MbdYxWIFKuA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbdYxWIFKuA[/video]

That is kind of a weird idle for sure...does it run out ok ? Oh and welcome to the OldMiniBikes ! :thumbsup: Nice Warrior !

Yeah under throttle runs like a beast!! just idles weird. I'm going to pull the motor next week and tear the whole bike down for cleaning and paint. I also just ordered a Predator 212 for it. I'll use the original engine for tinkering and learning more about them. Tear it completely down fix anything that needs it and put it back together as a spare or mod it slowly
:scooter:

Last edited:

buckeye

Welcome to OldMiniBikes.

The light dimming happens with low rpm's.

A torque converter will make you a happy man.

Have you cleaned the carb?
Done a valve adjustment?

Now you need one to play on.

Pulled the motor today and cleaned the carb everything was good. Took a lot of time cleaning every single tiny hole. I'm thinking it may be the valves. Going to google how to do the adjustment.

New motor should be here tomorrow so already broke the bike completely down. Very excited!!!

Last edited: