New Guy From So.Cal With A Powell Challenger

Hello everyone, Just wanted to introduce myself... Im a new guy on this site that has been on here unregistered for a longgg time. I have a Powell Challenger (#2102C) that has been in the family for years and now me and my 13 year old son are bringing it back to life. Its a super nice all original roller but its missing the engine and clutch, throttle tube and chain guard. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction to get this scoot back on the road again. Thanks in advance for all your advice and help.

Sorry for the lack of info, Im in Orange County (fullerton) close to Disneyland. We had it on Craigslist for sale due to not being able to find parts for it... But since we have a vast amount of people on this site that know what there doing were gonna keep it for the ling haul and pass it on hopefully to my sons kids when he has them lol... Here is a picture of our project, it saw daylight for the first time in 25+ years. we have cleaned it up alot and now are on the hunt for parts to get it running.

Neck

Growing up is optional
Excellent starting point! Yeah PM George3 if he doesn't chime in on the thread, he lives in la Mirada, He's our local Powell junkie!

Welcome Oil Dipper : Finding parts for Powell's is a constant endeavor but I will say in the last 18 months there has been a lot of the different Powell's come to the market place.
But there is a lot of lookers out there so any goods show up you have to snap them up.
Lots of support here on the OldMiniBikes. I was a Powell Dealer in Long Beach back in 1972 so your in the best place to find some parts.
Steve :scooter:

Thanks everyone and Steve for the reply... Im having a hard time finding the correct engine and clutch set-up as im only going on pictures of what to look for... Any hints to point me in the direction I need to be to find it will help me out.. Josh In So.Cal

As for pictures of what yours should look like. Our resident Powell Super Star of archive photos and information is Bayareaburrito. He has pictures of all the clutch parts and just about every part the Powell brothers ever made. So look in his photo section for a look at what was a lot of work assembling all this information to share.
Steve :scooter: